View Poll Results: What was your experience with lumbar discography?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely painful.

7 70.00%
  • Painful.

0 0%
  • Uncomfortable, but not painful.

2 20.00%
  • No pain or uncomfortableness.

1 10.00%

Thread: Discogram

Unhappy Lumbar Discography

Four spinal surgeries were certainly no picnic to go through, but the most painful procedure I ever experienced by far was a lumbar discography to determine whether or not my L5 disc was healthy.

Please let me know your experience. Patients who had previous surgery may have more potential for pain, but I also understand that there are several different methods for this diagnostic tool and I would like to find out if any of them are less painful.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,

JOB

Arrow mrm

i have disc digeretive disorder which causes me to have extreme pain 24/7
    the pain docter perscribed me 40mg of oxycontin and 2400mg of nueortine a day and it does a good job! i just went through a dicogram 05/20/05, to determine where or which disc was causing the everyday pain. Going through this procedure was the worst pain i have ever gone through!!!!!!!
    At least one doctor was honest about what i was about to go through. He called it "Midevil Torture" and agree. If I had the choice to have my thumb/toe nail torn off with a pair of pliers or to have this peocedure again I would chuuse th thumb/toe nail!!!!

Arrow mrm

i have disc digeretive disorder which causes me to have extreme pain 24/7
    the pain docter perscribed me 40mg of oxycontin and 2400mg of nueortine a day and it does a good job! i just went through a dicogram 05/20/05, to determine where or which disc was causing the everyday pain. Going through this procedure was the worst pain i have ever gone through!!!!!!!
    [COLOR=Red]At least one doctor was honest about what i was about to go through. He called it "Midevil Torture" and agree. If I had the choice to have my thumb/toe nail torn off with a pair of pliers or to have this peocedure again I would chuuse th thumb/toe nail!!!