Being at home after.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi girls,
    I"m sure I will get a pedicure/manicure this summer before my surgery just to raise my spirits. Probably highlight my hair too! I'm not to worried about my legs, though... I do like the spoon idea! My thing is my eyeliner. When I was leaving the house to have my second child/water broke & I was getting my make-up on/eyeliner! so next morning when I had him I looked good in the pictures! so silly, I know.... I'm better at 46 but my make-up's coming w/me..I need it! I'll be at the beach this JUly before & hopefully be tan!
    Kat, I'm having ant/post too...how did you put the print the mri/xrays (email me- lelc2002@yahoo.com, thks. I thk you'll feel better when you see mine...

Comment

how did you put the print the mri/xrays
      I scanned it using an ordinary scanner but left it open with plenty of backlight.
      Then I just uploaded it to that image host.

This is just a cross section of one slice of an MRI. 96 slices were done that day and this one was just one that showed by spine and cysts and stuff.
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Kat

re about your hair, I'd suggest perhaps having two long braids......we call them pigtails in Australia (on either side of your head). That would be comfortable to have when your flat on your back in the hospital. They could be re-done when your up to sitting up (or even when your laying down).

If you leave your hair out, it'll get a bit feral in bed (my hair was mid length, but very thick and got knotty easily, my hair was left out, and was a pain to try and brush, and kind of irritated me more).

In hospital, they'll be able to wash your hair whilst your lying down (not every day, but every few days). When your home, you'll probably be ok brushing it, but will only be able to put it in 'low' styles (ie a low ponytail), I found for the first bit I could brush the bottom of my hair, but not the top bit, kinda varies though for each person how they manage. For washing it, you can get this stuff which is 'no wash' shampoo, when you're not able to do it in the shower. You'll probably find after about a month or so, you'll be able to wash it ok on your own.

Regards

Alison

Comment

Working...
        X