Three and a half months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three and a half months post op

Hey guys, so I'm now 3.5 months post op, and lets just say that things are a bit 'off'. I've been incredibly busy with tons of stuff lately, and it's safe to say that my health has been sort of affected. I'm feeling a lot of things that I had read about on this forum, and I'm trying to get past 'em. Anyway, I get my new camera this week, and I'm going to make a very detailed post on my blog about how I feel, and how my scar's healed so far. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the emails I've gotten so far... they've been very encouraging. Anyway, I'll have my post on Saturday... pictures and all. Thanks again you guys, its awesome to have this forum.
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees
    www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

MOnie!!!! I am so glad to see you post! I have been thinking about you a lot, and wondering how you have been! I will await your blog update and see how you feel, then write again. Hang in there and keep your chin up, it is a long road ahead of us!
    Meg is Spinewhine
    31 years old with thoracic curve
    Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
    Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
    http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey, Monie.... been missing your updates. Hope all is well, and i'll be looking forward to reading your blog next week! (((hugs)))

Spinewhine, i've been keeping up with yours, too, and have really enjoyed it.. please keep us informed. I hope your recovery continues to go well, just don't overdo things. (((hugs)))

My surgery was in-between the two of yours so i can relate to everything i read.
      Last edited by JoAnn5; 01-15-2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Monie

I too have been worried about you and kept checking your blog - I wondered if you had been permanently snowed in!

I'll look forward to Saturday and your update.

BTW, I got my date!

Pips
        Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
        Post op 30(T)/33(L)
        http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Monie

Same here...I have been wondering how you have been doing. I hope you're just healing and everything is OK. I'm thinking of you!

Sue
          48 year old Female
          3 curves...35, 56, 43
          Proud wearer of Milwaukee Brace in the 70's...and hated every minute of it.

Comment

Wow.... thanks guys!!! Everytime I come on here, there's someone making me feel special!! I'm doing good... I've come to know my limits, and how to deal with 'em... Occasionally something happens with my back that throws me COMPLETELY off, but all in all, it's not bad.

I haven't posted lately because my laptop's wireless card has stopped working, so the only Internet connection I have is in the living room. Being that I sit in front a PC all day at work, the very last thing I want to do when I get home is sit in front of another.

Anyway, I missed posting. I'm really excited because I get my new camera in this week, so I guess that's incentive for me to post. I want to post pictures of my scar, my back, my posture with my new curve, even the way my ribs poke out.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I sat down to write, so I know it'll be fun. Thanks again everyone. Meg, you sound GREAT!! Wow!! I'm amazed how chirpy you sound, I think that's awesome!! Pip, thank God you finally got your date huh? How're you feeling? Ok? excited? nervous? Hopefully more excited than nervous! I'm sure you'll do great..

Thanks again guys... reallly.
            27 Years Old

Comment

I'm new here but checked out your blog. Sounds like things are going well. Look fwd to reading your updates.
              36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
              Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
              Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
              Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
              Curve post op = 20 degrees
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Ok... I did it. I FINALLY posted on my blog... I also put up pictures of what my scar looks like now... Thanks for all your support guys...
                27 Years Old

Comment

Working...
                X