Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughters Surgery

Hello all,
    My 13 year old had the scoliosis surgery 2 weeks ago. It all went very well for her. She is at the moment in a good bit of discomfort with her back. She is also have trouble with the pain medicine, as it really gives her bad stomach cramps and nausea. Hopefully this will get better in time as well as the back pain. Thanks to all that had replied for my messages earlier. I plan to get her in a position to be able to talk to some of you soon. Again thanks for the advice and I wish you all well.

Steve Barlow

I had the same problem with the nuasea!my mom called the doc and its cuz u have to eat when u take the meds. even if ur not hungry!!! I stopped taking thoose after the first week and instead i took extra streagth tylonol! i worked justas weel and i didnt have to eat with it![my surgery was on jan.22,o4!] Hope she feels better soon!!
    luve allways,
    *Paige*
    __-------______--------______-------__
    12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

Hi Steve,

I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well! I hope she continues to do well and that her recovery is smooth and uneventful.

About meds... they can cause severe constipation problems, including cramping and nausea. If she's not having regular bowel movements, ask the doc if she needs a stool softener or something to keep her regular. Constipation is a big problem for my son after every surgery. Pain meds (narcotics especially) only complicate the problem because it causes the GI system to shut down. She also needs to be drinking PLENTY of water... not soda. This should help her tummy feel a little better. Good luck and keep us posted on how she's doing.

My best!
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
      X