When does bracing end??? If ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Katy B,
    What were your beginning and ending curves? My daughter is 10 and just started growing. Her thoracic curve is somewhere between 30 and 38. Last measurement was 30. Dec '05- 33 degrees, Jan '06- 38 degrees, April '6- 30 degrees. She has been in Spinecor since January. I don't know if it is measurement error with different docs or what.
    One doc told us in April that surgery was a sure bet. I just wondered where you started and ended. Her hand x-ray indicated she has not begun her adolescent growth spurt yet.
    Thanks,
    Cheryl
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

yeah, I've been in a brace for 8 years now, and my doctor is still saying I have to wear it. I've had my period for 3 year snow, but unfortunatly I grew 1/2 inch since March.... has anyone else been in the same boat?
      Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Working...
      X