Here I go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I go again...

Well, I'm going in for surgery this Thursday, the 15th to correct a broken rod, possible pseudarthrosis and maybe some loose screws. This is my third surgery in eight years, hopefully the third time is a charm, not only am I tired of the pain, and the running around(hosptal appointments, tests, etc) before and after surgeries, but the recuperations as well and the stress it puts on my husband and parents, plus I don't like asking anymore aid at this point. But I know I will be down for a while after the surgery, hey...I wonder what the cause of all this breakage so early post op is, and hope my ortho will enlighten me on the issue. I will post after a while when I'm up to it, so I can explain all that happened, you never know some of my pains may resemble some of the people who lurk or post here, and maybe can help each other better understand.

Hoping for a a good outcome and an easier surgery,

Take care to all of you, season's greetings and health for all of you in the New Year
    Last edited by sweetness514; 12-13-2005, 05:04 PM.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Hi Sweetness,

I will remember you in prayer. I am so sorry you have to go through this again. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

Working...
    X