Thread: BIG vacation coming up...

BIG vacation coming up...

Ok...so this is the vacation I've been waiting for since my surgery....1 week at Disney World, staying in a 1-bedroom villa on Disney property!!!! We leave this weekend and I can't wait!!! I really feel up to this trip! I'm a little disappointed in that there are some great rides that I obviously can't go on, but this trip is one of the things that I looked forward to most during the early stages of my recovery.

I just had to share my excitement!

Good for you! Enjoy every minute of it. You certainly deserve it. Yes, stay away from those rides..................Enjoy the sun. LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Hoooray!!
    Have a wonderful time. Say hello to Micky for me!
    Christine
    June 13 2005 T3 -L2
    Scoliosis and
    Thoracic Lordosis

Hey all ~

I'm back from my trip to Disney World and happy to report that everything is feeling great!!! I stayed away from the really big roller coasters (which I love!) but did go on Thunder Mountain and Test Track...2 pretty big, fast, jolting rides. All of the walking was fine as well. It wasn't as warm as I would have liked for the first few days, but it sure beat a foot of snow with a lovely coating of ice like we have in Maine!

The toughest part of the trip was sleeping on the regular mattress...I really missed my Sleep Number bed!