Jamie is 1 year post-op!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marylou
    I know what you mean about not wanting to have to go through another surgery. Keep me posted as to what happens. I'll be thinking about you guys and saying a prayer. Once was definitely enough. We go back on January 12th.
    Jennifer

Comment

Just wanted to update you all on the latest....Jamie and I started our New Year's Eve out at the ER! Of course we were hosting a New Year's party and didn't arrive to our own party until two hours after our guests. Anyway, the x-ray doesn't show a fracture (just a sprained ankle), but the doctor did say there is a bone chip in her foot and he isn't sure if it is from this incident or from some other time. She was on crutches for two days and refused to use them today at school. Her ankle is still really swollen, black and blue and very painful. I'll keep you posted!

I hope everyone else's New Year started out better than ours!!

Mary Lou

Comment

Mary Lou,

Did I miss something? How did Jamie hurt her ankle. Will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Laura P.

Comment

Mary Lou, I think we need to wrap Jamie in Bubble Wrap, if we could keep her from popping the bubbles. How did she twister her ankle? Did the doctor want to do anything about the chip that is currently there. Chips can be painful if they don't calcify to the bone and are left to float around. I am so sorry to hear of Jamies accident. Give her my love and prayers. But, I am voting for bubble wrap right now. Nikki

Comment

Laura and Nikki,

Jamie was playing soccer in the garage with her sister and stepped on the spot where the black top from the driveway meets the concrete floor of the garage. The ER doctor wasn't concerned about the bone chip because he said it didn't have any rough or jagged edges. I called the orthopedic doctor that we usually use and asked if they would look at her x-rays and just reassure me that everything is okay. The receptionist said they would gladly do that, but I needed to make an appointment. I think I might call the ortho. that did her back surgery and see if he will look at the x-rays. I think I just need reassurance that the ankle/foot isn't broken and that the bone chip isn't going to cause her any problems.

I agree with the bubble wrap and I've threatened to do that! A few years ago, it was a broken wrist on Memorial Day for Jamie; a few years before that it was Fourth of July for Tracy and now New Year's Eve!

Thanks for listening.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
            X