whats sugery like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats sugery like?

what is surgery like because i have scoliosis and i am waiting for a letter confirming when i am going to have the operation done
    and also what is the surgery like after you had it does it hurt or what please tell me thanks
    Ben Thrower

Cool, where do you live, like what state ? Because I've never heard of a confirmation letter. Surgery is great. Well not great. but you know. Life goes on. The pain was bearable for me. I have a high pain tolerence and medication has little effect on me. The only time I was in any real pain was when they accidently gave me the wrong medication and I went into cardiac arrest and they had to do that electric shock to start my heart. I seriously doubt that that will happen to you. Mianly since that you will probably go to a childrens hospital. Learning to walk again is fun. Well, thats my two sense. cya, -Ali

Comment

Your surgery will be absolutely fine as long as your nurses arent complete idiots. When I had my surgery, I only weighed 80 pounds and they put a 50 pound clay shell on my back because of how bad mine was (usually it's a lighter brace). Anyway, the nurse was told to have me sit up for 5-10 minutes and then let me lay back down. Well, she forgot and I was sitting there for 45 minutes unable to move. They put me on a morphine pump so all I had to do was push a button and the pain went away so no matter what happens, you'll be absolutely pain free. You get put on so many meds that even if you have the lowest tolerance to pain you still won't be hurting. I have a very high tolerance to pain and most meds have little effect so it didn't really bother me at all. I wish you luck with your surgery. It's alot of fun learning how to do things all over again. It just sucks not being able to play sports or run or do anything like that for a while. *Beth*

Comment

Working...
      X