No announcement yet.

ciropractic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh my gosh my eyes welled when you said that b/c I have been there. wanting someone to say "I have the magic bullet!" I am so sorry you did not have success with that. 3 years is a lifetime when you are in pain..and I cannot blame you. I went to a scoliosis seminar with my significant other who is a chiro. There were other treatment sessions going on, and we attended the scoliosis one b/c of me...of course. well, before the q&a portion many chiros were getting up and leaving and I asked my man "why are they leaving early...don't they want to hear this?" He said "they are leaving baby because this is hard...REALLY hard...and unless they have someone like I have you, it is overwhelming to try to learn it." basically, chiros have SO many things that they CAN fix easily, that why bother with scoliosis. And if you think people on this forum get mad at chiros who say they can fix and can't you should see how mad it makes me! If you can't just say you can't!

Bottom line is in recent years there HAVE been major strides in chiropractic and scoliosis. what used to take years now takes months. and it is mid blowing. I sobbed hours after that seminar...and they were tears of joy that I finally have hope after what I saw. my only goal is to share that. if a chiro tells you three years these days, it is safe to say he or she does not know or study scoliosis, b/c if so they would be up to date on the techniques.

I wish you luck katblack! i will say a prayer for you that your surgery goes well...say a prayer for me that my chiro goes well. I head back to minnesota for treatments next month. I am nervous too. let's both keep the faith
    Katie- age 28
    Ironman Triathlete in Training
    Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
    Diagnosed with scoliosis at 12 Braced '92-'94
    Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
    With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

denverbackchick,
      Success is when you have gone through treatment and 20 years from the completion of treatment you still have the same correction going on without further treatment. I read you other posts too. You have become very pushy and rude and it isn't appreciated here. You will find people won't tolerate you and will jump your skin any chance they get. Tone it down and be reasonable.

Comment

I tell my parents everyday that it is a waste of time and money and my mom keeps saying that my back looks good already and it might but now my ribs stick out more... so yea my chiro said that if i keep telling myself that he isnt going to work so i keep telling my self that because this is retarded and i'd rather suffer with scoli insted of this...im coming up to a year if treatment and im tired of it...so i really dont care any more

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosiscutie
          I tell my parents everyday that it is a waste of time and money and my mom keeps saying that my back looks good already and it might but now my ribs stick out more... so yea my chiro said that if i keep telling myself that he isnt going to work so i keep telling my self that because this is retarded and i'd rather suffer with scoli insted of this...im coming up to a year if treatment and im tired of it...so i really dont care any more
          Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry.
          I wish and hope that your parents will listen to you. I wish I knew what to do to help you, Maybe you could show your parents this board, then they would see how you feel. I'm sure they "hear" you when you say it, but to be so strong in your convictions and feelings, that you would come to a place like this and ask for help, maybe they would "see" how strongly you feel about this.
          Best of luck hun, don't give up.
          36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
          Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
          Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
          Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
          Curve post op = 20 degrees
          No pain anymore!!
          Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

you are 100% misunderstanding me

nikyergen- you don't think it is pushy when my first post on here was nothing but positive and kind and Karen jumped on me and said "I was giving false hope to the desperate"...I got offended...and obviously you did not read my apology to katblack saying I am sorry if I come across as rude, because I am not. The pushy thing I find on this site is adults telling children to go against their parents best intentions and push for surgery. I am not anti-surgery, I am anti-making a surgery decision for a little girl stranger on a website when you have no idea what her situation is. Surgery is an irreversible decision that should be with her parents and you as an adult should respect that. what if you had a teen who was considering a serious treatment like that, and a stranger was crushing your advice? that isn't fair, and it isn't moral. I am not being rude by saying that. I think every parent can respect that.
            Katie- age 28
            Ironman Triathlete in Training
            Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
            Diagnosed with scoliosis at 12 Braced '92-'94
            Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
            With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by denverbackchic
              The average scoliosis curve only improves 50% after surgery and wosens by 3.2 degrees after 1 year, 6.5 degrees after 2 years and another 1 degree per year after that. Just email me and I will mail you studies on this. katie_oconnell77@yahoo.com LISTEN TO YOUR MOM!! SHE IS A WISE LADY!! YOU WILL THANK THE HECK OUT OF HER ONE DAY!!!
              Not sure where you got those numbers, but if they were published, they were probably from old technology. With newer technology, curves are usually improved almost completely, and there is no loss of correction.
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda, I think this is another one of those that won't back off. Good Luck, I'm glad you and Karen are on this one, since you are the two with the medical educations. This woman isn't realizing that most people that have surgery here are doing it as a last result. She isn't hearing that some of us did try different chiro techniques before resulting to surgery. And, I agree with your comment. I think her information is old information. As I know Crystal got way over 50% correction on her 88 degree curve. What I haven't figured out is how can she say it worses after time when there are rods in place to hold the fusion. Please enlighten me Linda.

Comment

thanks for your advice i feel really bad because it is all my fault that she thinks that of you...im really sorry

Comment

oh and i had another question... how come after you have back surgery (or any surgery i really dont know?) its not good to get dental work like getting teeth pulled or getting your ears periced? thanks
                    ?

Comment

Not good to get your ears pierced? I have never heard that one. I got mine pierced 4 weeks after my surgery (1 week ago). I hope I didnt do something bad...can anyone give some info???
                      Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by nikyergen
                        I'm glad you and Karen are on this one, since you are the two with the medical educations.
                        I do not have a medical education.

What I haven't figured out is how can she say it worses after time when there are rods in place to hold the fusion.
                        I don't know what study was being referred to about loss of correction, but I'm guessing that it was some small study published a long time ago, maybe even a study of people who had scoliosis fusions prior to the invention of Harrington rods. With current implants, I think that loss of correction at the first checkup after surgery is sometimes mentioned, but it's usually in the 2-5 degree range, which is nothing to worry about.

--Linda
                        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosiscutie
                          oh and i had another question... how come after you have back surgery (or any surgery i really dont know?) its not good to get dental work like getting teeth pulled or getting your ears periced? thanks
                          ?
                          I think it's because the surgeons don't want their patients to take any increased risk of infection.

--Linda

Comment

As you all know ive been seing a chiro...well my back is very tender like on my spine...it has a bruse on it (near the top) is that bad?
                            my spine is really noticalble too and you can see it and all the vertabre when i bend down and stuff is that a bad thing?

Comment

Scolioisiscutie,
                              You shouldn't be bruised from a chiropractic manipulation. Have you showed the bruising to your mom? You shouldn't be getting sore from a chiropractic manipulation, you should be feeling some relief if the manipulation is helping. It sounds like your pain is increasing. You need to be honest and tell your mom about these things. At least when we took Crystal to the chiropractor, he didn't solve her problem, but it did help to releave pain a little. When it got to where it wasn't helping her pain at all, we quit taking her.

Comment

Yeah I showed my mom and dad i think they are letting me quit but im not for sure yet but yeah my mom said i have gotten worse...was your daughters spine very noticeable? mine is it looks bad!
                                Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X