Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adult non structural thoracolumbal

Hai friends,

When i was 21 yo, i had scoliosis non structural which is caused by an underlying problem, such as muscle spasm, appendicitis or differing leg lengths.

Do you know what exercise should i take?? and should i wear brace? (now iam 27 yo)

Thanks

Dearest Grace,
    Grace is a good word for what's coming next. Some people belive in the Supernatural, which, if it actual, it's only natural. Now I'm 26, So I'm going to explain to you what's been repeatedly explained to me... There are no UFO's. The government is a not a conspiracy, but a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. No one since Jesus has performed miracles... At least real ones. I believe that someone watches over us.. Though maybe not what you'd expect... Believe it or not, the Genetic Engineer in the Sky didn't screw up as hard as you think. The bastard knows exactly what's supposed to be done.
    I should start a new paragraph. All writers worth their weight in paper do about now. You're perhaps a year older than I am. Nothing will cure our condition just yet. One friend told me, about at the brink of 2001.... "It's the future, that's why nothing works."
    It's the 21st century. They better damn right have a cure for a stupid, rotten and outright simple disease such as scoliosis... But the whore scientists have been slacking. I'm a scientist, and if some rotten government agency had so much as written a wink in my direction, I woulda fixed it. But they didn't. They fund things like making ostriches run on treadmills, while men explain about amphibian sex.
    I'm with you and feel your pain. When I come up with some sort of horrorshow fix, I'll let you know.

-Badnon

Comment

Hi Grace...

If your scoliosis was non-structural, it should have resolved when the spasm resolved. Do you know if the scoliosis still exists? One way or the other, bracing will definitely not help.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Grace, are you from North America? Seeing an ortho for adult scoliosis can help you deal with your concerns.

I do believe that some progress has been made for scoliosis patients, but not enough. Only bracing helps teens and surgery for adults. And I know that surgery is less intense and so is the recovery, but when I read about so many problems later on such as myself, I think it's such a complicated pain in the ass problem to have. Ever since I was 12 I have been dealing with this one way or another, and at the age of 34-almost 35 now I'm starting to lose my patience with my back. I have a lot of patience, wich sometimes has me wondering if it's always a good thing.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

BaDnOn

Reading your post was to say the least...very interesting and I enjoyed it. You do bring it all from a very different perspective! It is a rotten thing and I too am not very happy that I now have to try to "fix" this myself with various exercise programs, PT, so on and so forth.
          48 year old Female
          3 curves...35, 56, 43
          Proud wearer of Milwaukee Brace in the 70's...and hated every minute of it.

Comment

dear Linda,

(your scoliosis was non-structural, it should have resolved when the spasm resolved)>>> But i had my scoliosis non structural since i was age around 13 yo and got check at 21 yo and now alomst 28 yo. And my bone like S with two moderate curve. After my spasm resolved with exercise such as swimming, got intrared for release spasm muscle and etc. Do u think my bone is stright again??? or how about chiroprator can he resolved my spasm??

Thank you .

Comment

Hi Grace...

I'm sorry, I don't know enough to answer your questions. I do know that if your scoliosis was non-structural (functional), the curve(s) should have straightened when the spasm was resolved. If you still have scoliosis, than it would be structural (not non-structural).

Regards,
              Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Dear friends,

i wanna to ask u some questions that i confuse.

1.Do u think that nonstructural scoliosis can became structural scoliosis ???...

2.Can nonstructural scoliosis woman ( matured) cure when the spams
                resolved??

3.And can nonstructural scoliosis resolved by chiroprator??...

Thank you.

Comment

i think my last questions unsolved

Comment

result.

i have been wore brace for three months since october. And I think i got correct little bit ( i dont check yet). I can see the different between now and last. I also did back exercise twice a day. Before I do exercise i warm my muscle with infraphill. And I think my scoliosis is still non sturctural... ( I dont ask my docter). And i hope my non structural scoliosis is total cure. I have been suffer form this condition 15 years and almost 16 years, and my degree two curves and all are moderate.

Thanks , may be u can give me and advice or opinion or something else

Comment

For Grace/conservative methods in adults?

Grace: this is why scoliosis does not respond to conservative treatments in adults:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/AlternativesDontWork.htm

Karen
                      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
                      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Hi..

After went to my docter. She said that my degree still same and no change.

I have scoliosis and rotate bone so she said that it was structural.

She said that i have cogenital scoliosis, but i wasnt so sure about her opinion.

Iam so depress.

Comment

Working...
                        X