No announcement yet.

spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you must worry sometimes that your whole way of life could be under threat because of this global warming.

Comment

• Torsorotation

Hi Gerbo,
      What exactly is torsorotation?
      Melissa
      Melissa
      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Melissa, just read through this; http://www.medxonline.com/core/downl...nscoliosis.pdf and you know all i know. We are trying to do this with our daughter

Must be careful not to be seen to "promote" this as it was only a very small study and hasn't been replicated elsewhere yet, however, various overviews of scoliosis have quoted it as "interesting" or "promising"

There is a certain logic in it, I think and is unlikely to do any harm so we thought it was worth trying

gerbo
        Last edited by gerbo; 10-27-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerbo
          you must worry sometimes that your whole way of life could be under threat because of this global warming.
          Plans are under way by local village leaders to perform a ceremonial dance to pay tribute/appease the weather gods

Canadian eh
          Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Hello! Catching up w/your posts! We got our report directly from Dr. Rivard. We were prescribed exercises that sound very much like side shifting by a Dr. Negrini, a doctor from Italy, but as Gerbo said, it was very hard to get our teen to do it w/out us micromanaging the whole thing. So needless to say, it just didn't happen as regular as we would have liked.

I think overall, everyone's doing pretty well, yes?!!!
            p

Comment

• exercises

Nicole's exercises consist of moving to the side to her "corrective position." She does this sitting on the ball and standing up. She now has a new one that consists of lying on her side with one shoulder higher to address the compensating curve that is near her neck. She also has wobble board balancing and some eye exercises. She hates doing the exercises. We have to remind her to do them every night. We also have to oversee them. There are some nights that we don't make her do them. For example, if she has a 3-hour dance night, there is no time to do them. Because she needs to take her 2-hour break without her brace. These exercises need to be done with the brace on. Also, when Nicole takes ballet (3 hours a week) she gets into her corrective position in class when they do the side stretches. I am sorry if I am rambling.
              Melissa

Originally posted by pat
              Hello! Catching up w/your posts! We got our report directly from Dr. Rivard. We were prescribed exercises that sound very much like side shifting by a Dr. Negrini, a doctor from Italy, but as Gerbo said, it was very hard to get our teen to do it w/out us micromanaging the whole thing. So needless to say, it just didn't happen as regular as we would have liked.

I think overall, everyone's doing pretty well, yes?!!!
              p
              Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

• Thanks, Gerbo
                Very interesting. I think I will make a copy for Nicole's Chiro to read.
                Melissa
                Melissa

Comment

• We actually had an very mild winter so far here in Cyprus(which is nothing new) but we do get some snow on the peak of the highest mountain for about 2 months.None yet, but it will come. Some people ski....NOT me, I stick to the low part of the island. I will take the 40-45 celcius of summer anytime instead of snow..... Anyone for a visit???
                  Pola

does it ever snow on cyprus?? (no relevance to this question at all, was just wondering about it yesterday)

gerbo[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Pat and Melissa after reading your posts about the exercises well, my daughter is acting the same way most of the times....I just have to oversee them if she is tired or had dance or this and that. I had hoped she would do them without me reminding her but the truth is they are not exactly "fun". She'd rather do yoga (which I m glad she got into ) or dance.
                    I try explaining to her how important they are but I feel this might get a negative reaction. I figured if she does them 3-4 times a week it is ok....

Melissa, I think it is great that Nicole does her correction while streching at dance, I will try to get that into Anastasias mind!
                    Pola

Comment

• Originally posted by Celia Vogel
                      Plans are under way by local village leaders to perform a ceremonial dance to pay tribute/appease the weather gods
                      , nice to start the day with a smile.

Comment

• Hello all!!
                        I thought I was the only mum fighting with my daughter because of the exercises! . I try to oversee them but my daughter gets quite angry and doesnīt let me, because she says Iīm allways checking her back, her posture, the brace, the exercises...and in fact she is right, I canīt stop doing it!!
                        I try to understand her; she is a teeneager and her "very-anxious-mun" is breathing down her neck all day..., I think, your daughters are younger and maybe, is easier to oversee them, without arwing
                        We have our next app with the spinecor-doc in a month, and I suppose that he will take her in-brace x-rays, witch she hasnīt had done since our first app, 13 months ago. I donīt know if Iīm going to be able to wait without lose my mind. I need to know that the brace is doing what is suppossed to .

Take care, and have a good start of this new year

Ailea
                        2004: Daughter diagnosed at 13 L38š. Risser 0.
                        Treatment: Cheneau brace
                        2009: Brace free, 18 years old, Risser 5, L25š

Comment

• Spinecor

Ailea,
                          I think we are all going through the same thing when it comes to our kids and their exercises. My daughter is almost 12. My older daughter, who is 15, would be so much worse if she had scoli. Teens are already dealing with enough. I can't wait until Nicole can stop doing the eye exercises. That will make the entire routine shorter.
                          Good luck on your appt. I can't wait to hear some good news.
                          Nicole
                          Melissa

Comment

• Dixie

My daughter, Rachel, was diagnosed with scoliosis 2 years ago. She is 10. My older daughter, Sarah, has scoliosis, but had nearly stopped growing by the time we knew. Sarah's did not progress beyond 13 to 14 degrees, and so I didn't freak about Rachel. She held steady (right thoracolumbar curve, both 18 to 19 degrees) until July, at which time her thoracic curve had progressed to 24 degrees. I had done no research on my own, and had no idea what a huge change that was. Our orthopedist decided to watch a while longer and in December, her curve was 33, at which time he prescribed the Boston brace. I have been researching the spinecor brace and saw your thread. I am considering going to MOntreal to see Dr. Rivard. I spoke with him yesterday on the phone. Does anyone know how often adjustments would be made and where we would go for them? I live in the deep south (Mississippi). I know the cost of the brace, but how much was the initial assessment in Montreal? How much are follow-up visits to Montreal? I don't think our insurance will cover any of it. It is so hard to know what is the best thing for her , also. I am so afraid of making the wrong decisions. I feel so out there. No one here seems really familiar with the brace, and they regard this as a radical decision. I have enjoyed your posts and found much to emphathize with.
                            God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Cheryl,

Welcome to this wonky, all over the place discussion ! Pat would be able to answer your questions as far as costs go because she travels into Montreal from the States. I don't know about anyone else, but after the initial fitting we had to return for a followup in 5 weeks time and future appointments will be every five months.

Canadian eh
                              Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Cheryl. My daughter in not being treated in Montreal, but if it heps you, we have the assessment (1.500,00 $) our first follow-up one month later, and since then, visits every three months ( 250,00 $). I think that there are not big differences, (at least in Europe).
                                Good Luck with your decision!

Ailea
                                2004: Daughter diagnosed at 13 L38š. Risser 0.
                                Treatment: Cheneau brace
                                2009: Brace free, 18 years old, Risser 5, L25š

Comment

Working...
                                X