nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nervous

Well I just found out last week that I have scoliosis and I am really nervous to start going to physical theropy and I might have to get a brace!! I am a junior in high school and I have enough problems trying to be accepted, so I am nervous for people to think I am werid if I get a brace. what should I do ?

-Elissa
    *im lilcutiepie82187

don't worry people won't even notice

Comment

About getting a brace:
      people will notice it, but they probably won't care and you'll be able to tell who your real friends are - the ones who don't care and are still just as friendly.
      at first, people might ask and you can just explain (as much in detail as you want) but then people will just ignore it and won't even think twice

good luck!
      AZ

Comment

dont b nervous

hey,
        omg i was scared of the same thing a coupla weeks ago when i first got my brace!! i was so scared everyone would think i was weird n id lose all my friends!! i was VERY wrong! its not that noticeable.....sure people will find out and u dont have to hide it but trust me.....they wont care!!! its not a big deal, just say o well i wear a back brace...i have scoliosis!! u got nuttin ta worry about!!! trust me!

13 yrs old
        **~hadley~**

Comment

Hey When I found out I had scoliosis last spring, my curves had progressed so much there was no hope for a brace. I had to have surgery a few months later. What you're going to find though hopefully, is that some people will be interested/curious and may ask you questions about your scoliosis, back, brace, what it's like, etc. I had the support of a lot of my friends/and even people that I didn't know extremely well, simply because I was going through a life-changing critical surgery. Even with just wearing your brace, DO NOT worry about what others think, yes I think you will find who your true friends are, and I just really think you'll be surprised as to how many people will actually be interested and ask you questions about it. I am happy to talk about my surgery anytime, sometimes it's hard for me to believe that I even had surgery! And, honestly, I am quite proud of the long scar I have all the way down my back now. With what some of us have to go through medically with scoliosis, you do receive admiration from others and you can inspire others with your strength. Just hang in there, you'll be fine!!!
          "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
          "Talent takes you to the top. Character keeps you there."

Comment

ellisa

hey elissa my im is stormeygal29
            rebecca
            ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
            I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
            I went through 3 Boston Braces
            Original curve~34*
            Curve in 1st Brace~9*
            Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
            Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
            Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

don't worry

Elissa dont be nervous u'll be fine. It only took me about 1 week to get used to my brace. Just where the brace it really will help. I hope I have helped you today. Please take my advice I'm sure it will make a difference.
              Sincerely,
              Amanda

Comment

Working...
              X