My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blog

Hey guys, so my blog's been updated... took me a while 'cos I didn't know how to update it... everything seems to hurt quite bad... anyway, that's done.. please check it out...

www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees

Really good

Hi Monie,

Thanks for the step by step walk through of your experience. It is really good to hear from the horses mouth what the experience might be like. I knew about my condition when I was 13 but nothing was done until now. I am now 27. I live in the UK and am in the process of getting fixed . I am happy that your ops went well and wish for your continous recovery. Just hang in there girl. you'll soon look back and only have your pain in memory only.

Take Care

Amaka

Comment

It was nice to read your blog. kinda gives me an idea of what to expect with my pre op and upcoming surgery (nov 3).

I am glad your surgery went well. I hope your pain subsides very soon at least to a level that is tolerated better. You are in my thoughts and prayers. A speedy recovery

Piglet

Comment

Hi Monie,

I check every morning to see if you've update your blog...and there it was this morning! I have to tell you, that by the time I was finished reading the entire entry, my heart was racing and my stomach turned inside out. Yikes! You write so incredibly well, that I pictured the entire thing as I read along. I hope that you feel stronger and better every day and remember to be patient with yourself!

Sue
        48 year old Female
        3 curves...35, 56, 43
        Proud wearer of Milwaukee Brace in the 70's...and hated every minute of it.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out guys... I'm glad you were able to sort of picture things, because that was what I was going for... thank you for taking the time to read it; I know I get carried away sometime! Thank you
          27 Years Old

Comment

heart rate problems?

Monie, it sounds like I had the same heart rate problems as you, but they never got to the bottom of mine. Did they give you a reason? I had my surgery August 29, and I promise, you will feel human soon. Watch lots of videos and appreciate the small things, like when you don't have to use the sock putter-on-er anymore :-)
            Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
            Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
            fusion T5-L3
            Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

Hi there... well, they gave me a theory on what they thought was wrong. They blamed it on my pain meds... they said my body was not recognizing the pain meds they were pumping into it... I'm still trying to kinda figure all of that out... slowly but surely... I updated my blog with the whole story, so please check it out... I'd write it here, but when I try to write sometimes, I'm told my posts are too long...

27 Years Old

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! for the informtion in your BLOG. All of the entries here and elsewhere have helped me to know basically what I am getting into in a few weeks. I know that nothing can really prepare me for what I'm going to go through, but it definately helps not to be totally surprised! I'm glad you are doing better with each day! Our prayers are still with you and your family! Linda

Comment

Hi guys... just wanted to let you know.. I'm updated again... it's all about my 'new curve'... thank you for reading it...

27 Years Old

Comment

Monie,

I want you to know that once I get to work and fire everything up that your site is the first place I go in the morning to see if you've placed another update. I can almost see the smile on your face and the energy in your voice today!! I am so encouraged that you are doing so well after three weeks...and so, so, happy for you that you are thrilled with the outcome.

I too have an "S" curve and have lived with it for nearly 35 years...and getting one step closer to the surgery as well. It's just amazing to me how long I went with virtually no pain at all and within the last five years it has hit me like a hammer...seemingly increasing with pain almost daily. It is such a vicious circle...try to exercise and you pay for it, don't exercise and you pay for it. Yikes. Blah, blah, blah...so anyway - I am just so happy for you and glad that you are doing well. And...thank you so much for what you are taking the time to do on the Blog - you are amazing!

Sue
                    48 year old Female
                    3 curves...35, 56, 43

Comment

Hi Sue... First of all, I'd like you to know that you just made my day. Thank you so much for reading my blog! yes, I'm doing great, and I love it. I know exactly what you mean about the pain. I too, had next to no pain till 2004. I got into a car accident that summer (last year), and went from no pain to constant pain. It really was exactly like a vicious cycle. I'm definitely glad that I had this surgery. It was the right thing to do. Hopefully, you're able to get relief from your surgery when you do have it as well.
                      I write the blog because I constantly have all these thoughts going through my head with noone to share them with. Thats why when I write, I write like there's someone sitting in front of me, that I'm speaking to. It's my little outlet. Thank you again. I do appreciate it. When people read my blog and say nice things, its the greatest compliment to me, ever. Thanks Sue.
                      27 Years Old

Comment

Monie,

Isn't that the truth, that you really have no one else to talk to about it. We become so protective of our backs and it becomes so personal, that it is difficult to explain, not only the physical pain but the emotional toll of a life time of memories of events. I just can't believe that you are doing so well so quickly - that is wonderful. But how in the world did you get your head together from the time you scheduled it from the time you had the surgery? There wasn't much time inbetween. It will take me 6 months at least to get it all in place! Anyway, keep on writing and know that when you post it, you can bet that I'll be the first to read it.

Sue
                        48 year old Female
                        3 curves...35, 56, 43

Comment

Hi Monie,
                          I've been reading your blog. Some of it was as scary (to me) as a horror movie!
                          I'm glad you're feeling better. I plan to do some clothes shopping also. No matter what kind of pain I end up with, my back will most likely be straighter and I might as well make the most of the cosmetic benefits.
                          It was interesting to read about the pain medication problems, too. Codeine is over the counter here and I have been taking it off and on. I had a surgery last February and I had break through pain with the pain med pump. I believe it was because of the codeine I was taking, though all of my doctors disagree. I wish I could stop the codeine altogether, but I can only do that if I stay in bed all day. Keep up the blog, I enjoy reading it.
                          Linda

Comment

Picture of Scar

Hi guys, I just posted a picture of my scar on my blog. I'm not very pleased with the way my back looks in it, but I posted it anyway... I'm hoping to get some better pics, soon...

27 Years Old

Comment

Monie,

Looking good!! I am anxious to see the "before" pictures.

Sue
                              48 year old Female
                              3 curves...35, 56, 43

Comment

Working...
                              X