tlso brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace...

We were talking about web site designations (like www.spineuniverse.com).

I do not think CurveMenders or any other website that advertises that they can reduce scoliosis curves can be trusted. I know you really want something, and I suspect that nothing we say will keep you from getting taken, but adult scoliosis curves cannot permanently be reduced by anything other than surgery (and not even that is guaranteed). If you really want to try something, I'd encourage you to try yoga. Try http://www.yogaforscoliosis.com.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Dear sweetness 514,

What kind of brace do u wear???..... it's TLSO brace???

And after you wear brace, Are your curve reduce???

Thanks

Comment

Dear Linda,

making your muscles atrophy.... >>> Is muscless atrophy danger for our life???....

Can i wear brace, also swimming or hanging up side down to relax my muscless or lubricate musculess madicine???

Comment

Grace,
          muscle atrophy just means that the muscles lose stregthn because of the lack of use. For instance you want to keep your abdominal (stomach) muscles strong so that the strain on your back is less.

No you can not go swimming with a TLSO brace.
          Yes, if you feel that hanging upside down makes you feel better, I suppose you can.
          I'm not sure of what kind of "medicine" you are talking about "luburcating muscles"

Perhaps you need to talk to your doctor about your fears concerning your scolosis.
          SandyC

Comment

Originally posted by Grace
            Dear sweetness 514,

What kind of brace do u wear???..... it's TLSO brace???

And after you wear brace, Are your curve reduce???

Thanks
            Grace, I did wear a brace for four years but that was from age 13 to about 17, as wearing a brace when you're an adult does not reduce the curve, it would be useless. Even when I wore mine in those tennage years, it didn't stop the progression, and I don't even know if it made it progress more slowly, although I hoped it would. And wearing a brace for pain will make your abdominal muscles weak and that will not help with back pain, it can only make it worse.
            35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
            Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
            Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
            Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
            Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Dear friends,

I appriciated your opinion about brace.

I wanna to experiance, now i try to use brace and it almost 2 weeks i guess, at least more than 1 week i wear brace Tlso. I use my brace sometime 23 hours.

when i opened /out my brace 2 times 12 hours, i saw my curve is less than before but duno the degree. But i still wanna to wear my brace for 3 months.

my curve out brace are upper 22 * and lower 32 * when in brace are 14 * and 19 *, and if success i wanna get 10 *both curve.

For not weak my mucle, i exercise twice a day. moring and evening. (hang up, hang upside down, traction, sometimes swimming ( more or less than10 round) , and more exercise, all for only less than one hour

Comment

Dear friends,

I appriciated your opinion about brace.

I wanna to experiance, now i try to use brace and it almost 2 weeks i guess, at least more than 1 week i wear brace Tlso. I use my brace sometime 23 hours.

when i opened /out my brace 2 times 12 hours, i saw my curve is less than before but duno the degree. But i still wanna to wear my brace for 3 months.

my curve out brace are upper 22 * and lower 32 * when in brace are 14 * and 19 *, and if success i wanna get 10 *both curve.

For not weak my mucle, i exercise twice a day. moring and evening. (hang up, hang upside down, traction, sometimes swimming ( more or less than10 round) , and more exercise, all for only less than one hour

note: iam skeletally mature ( 27 almost 28 )...its kind silly to read but... i just wanna to try.

Comment

Grace,

Are you going to a doctor that has put you in this brace even though you are 28 years old? If so, I would ask him for some documentation that shows where this has worked for people after they are "Mature".
                  Background - Diagnosed in 1981 with a s-curve. Very progressive. Wore a Milwalkee brace from 1981-1986. I had back surgery in 1989....spinal fusion with Harrington rods and bone from my hip.

Comment

When i was in my doctor he told me that its to late for brace(im 28y old) and if i wear brace it could even do harm. Brace schould be used to max 17-18y when you still growing and it doesn't reduce scoliosis , only slow down progresion .

Comment

I was told that braces are only good while you are still maturing skeletally. I was also told that (in girls) this is usually 2 years after they begin menstating so the age would be a little different in everyone.
                      Background - Diagnosed in 1981 with a s-curve. Very progressive. Wore a Milwalkee brace from 1981-1986. I had back surgery in 1989....spinal fusion with Harrington rods and bone from my hip.

Comment

Dear Mocity,

But she dont have a email. But i can ask her

Actually, My doc orthopaedy said i used to wear corslet, But when i went to physiotrapy, i prefered use Tlso Brace and i didnt know that Tlso brace was hard to wear and just for growth children
                        doctor from pyisiotrapy allowed me to use Tlso brace and she said that corslet cannt hold my curve form getting worse. And she said that if luck maybe tlso can correct a little bit degree. But Tlso can hold my curve form getting worse.

Comment

Grace,
                          Since your bone are mature and your curves are very small (22/32), where is your fear of the curvature getting worse coming from? The chance of your curves from getting worse are small. You could cut your hand peeling an orange, get an infection and have your arm cut off due to gangrene, but that can't stop you from peeling oranges. My point is that if your doc told you that your curves MIGHT get worse, and I bet he also said the chance of that happening is slim. So getting a tlso or any other brace to stop what may or may not happen is not good for you. The better idea is to check on your curves by having an X-ray every year to see if there is any progression, then if there is movement of your curves, that would be the time to do something.
                          Good luck to you and I really hope that you can come to terms with your sense of panic and the need to DO SOMETHING that may do more harm than good
                          SandyC

Comment

Working...
                          X