pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain

Hello, I am new to this website, any tips navigating through it would be helpful. What I am wondering, is there a high percentage of chronic pain associated with scoliosis?

Debra Anne
    Debra Anne

Hi Debra,

The short answer is yes, but it depends largely on age and the severity of the curve. Younger patients typically experience only fairly mild pain or discomfort, if any, unless they have a particularly severe curve. Adults typically notice pain more acutely. And people of any age rarely experience significant pain with curvatures under 40 degrees or so.

Of course, experiences will differ, and pain is a highly subjective thing. What one person would call pain, another might call discomfort, soreness, stiffness, etc.

Dave

Comment

Several days ago, I read the abstract of a study of maybe 7 cases of children with moderate scoliosis who had pain, but no obvious congenital abnormality. They found that all 7 kids had the same problem. Unfortunately, I can't find the study now, and I don't remember what they all had. If anyone else read the research, please post something.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X