Would you believe in this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you believe in this???

Folks, I have a "S" shaped scoliosis (24 toracic, 32 lumbar), I am 25 yrs old. Recently researching in the Internet, I found this:

Looks like some traction based device, it's made here in Brazil (I am from Brazil too)

http://www.magnaspine.com/versao_em_ingles.htm

Some text extracted below

"Observing the human body from the back, the normal vertebral spine is straight from the head to the sacral region.

When the spine presents a curve, as in the figure a deformity is called scoliosis . Scoliosis can present a "C" curve or a double "S" curve.

Scoliosis should not be confused with a bad posture. When the cause is unknown it receives the name of idiopatic scoliosis. Approximately 85% of scoliosis cases are idiopatics . It is the great majority.

During childhood scoliosis affects boys and girls. In the adolescent phase girls are affected 5-8 times more by scoliosis . However 90% of the idiopatic scoliosis cases are due to smal increased curvature of the spine , and normally not treated intensively.

During youth, generally scoliosis does not cause pain . If the scoliosis is not treated, in the adult phase , it can cause pains in the back.

In the back a part of the muscles keep the spine straight and stable, because of this nature made these muscles in symmetrical pairs.

When a muscle is more tensed thans it pair , it ends up pulling the spine to its side and , thus, it causes scoliosis.

In the cases where the deformities of the spine were not caused by bone illness ( osteoporosis , tuberculosis, etc ) or vertebral deformations , the treatment should return the spine to its normal position and with physiotherapy , develop the muscles concerned.

The return of the spine to its normal position can be done with the application of a traction force. The traction increases the space between the vertebrae and besides this, reduces the curve in the critical parts. The application of traction force in the spine is an ingenious form to promote its straightening without the necessity of touching or handling the vertebrae and discs . The figure below shows traction force in the spine.

MagnaspineŽ applies the ideal traction for these goals. For each application will reduce the curves in the most critical points absolutely painlessly.

It is recommended that MagnaspineŽ be used along with physiotherapy in order for muscles to adapt to the new positions.

However even without this accompaniment, MagnaspineŽ reduces the curves but it takes longer. In this case swimming is recommended."

Now comes the big Q...WOULD YOU TRY THIS??? I ADMIT I AM VERY ANXIOUS, I did a phone call and talked to a fisio, but he was a bit too much acting as a salesman...

I am booking a visit to an old fisio that I have (I gave up on doctors because they say that I can't do nothing else besides swimming and keep tracking it...)
    to know if applying such traction I will get hurt...

What do you folks think about??
    -------------------------
    Henrique Seganfredo
    Joinville, SC, Brazil

Hi Henrique...

If you have pain, it may help. If you think it will straighten your curve(s) permanently, you'll almost certainly be disappointed.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

You know, it's kind hard do believe on the promises but the guy in the phone said that if I used every night, for about 40 minutes, and during a few months, I should see a real decrease in the curve...

the damn thing is 1/5 of my monthly net income...should I spent the money for it??

I dont have pain, just a feeling that every time I need to stretch....

Originally posted by LindaRacine
      Hi Henrique...

If you have pain, it may help. If you think it will straighten your curve(s) permanently, you'll almost certainly be disappointed.

Regards,
      Linda
      -------------------------
      Henrique Seganfredo
      Joinville, SC, Brazil

Comment

Hi Henrique...

I wouldn't give the guy a penny unless he offered a full money back guarantee. And, if you go ahead with it, don't just believe what he tells you. Get before and after x-rays and have them evaluated by a real orthopaedist.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X