No announcement yet.

One breast smaller than the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I am new here! I am 34 and had surgery at 14! I noticed my breast were asymetrical about that time! At 18 I called my doc myself (with my moms blessing) and he referred me to a plastic surgeon in my health group! They were more than happy to fix it! I had an implant put in the smaller breast to make them about the same size. Perfection is not promised since with scoliosis your breast wall (bone etc) are off as well as breast tissue. Nevertheless I was thrilled had no problems and for me it made me feel and look great! Every major insurance that I can think of will cover this type of medically caused "defect" for lack of a better term. If you feel for a second that you are self conscious because of it then high tail it to your doctor. No one will think less of you for wanting to look how you should have had you not had scoliosis. It is so nice to not worry about the right bra or shirt to help even you out!!

Kristin

Comment

hey

hi! i was wondering...i'm seventeen and have considered having plastic surgery to even out my breasts...how old do u have to be before they will consider doing it....you were eighteen...i'm done growing bone wise but i don't think i'm totally done growing otherwise...but regardless of growth..they won't even out on their own. just wondering if you knew the answer to this and if you could tell me alittle about your surgery with the recovery time and pain. thanks!

Comment

Jeez

Jeez im a bloke with the same problem and as i lift so much weights at the gymn i get same problem with my pecks which is really annoying but the women i have had dont seem to be all that bothered by it and i know i woudnt on a girl i mean as long as u love them thats all that matters.
        I find the problem is worse as doctors don't know much about the problem so are pretty hopeless.
        I somtimes dream of wearing a tight t-shirt lol not ure everyday american dream but there u go. But i just lift weights to help with my problem.

Regards

Link_pad

Comment

breast size

I have the same problem. I never realized the scoliosis was the reason for it though. My husband actually likes it. He says each one feels different. Guess it gives him that 2 different women fantasy. LOL

Tammy

Comment

I kind of have the same problem too. I do have rather a decent size though 12D's but my right breast clevage if you call it that starts a little lower then the left. If that makes sense. But only i can notice it my partner never did until i mentioned it too him. I'm not sure if my surgery will change that might have to ask my surgeon.

Lee
            Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

To answer your question...

december, you asked about telling the guy beforehand ...

i was 27 before I ever had ANY romantic/sexual activity with a boy, and then it sorta just happened with this one guy who - as a previous poster put it - wanted me JUST for my body.

I've had 2 surgeries for my scoliosis, still have a 25+ degree curve, a rather large rib hump, i'm way too skinny, and my right breast is practically nonexistant while the other one is smaller than most 10-year-olds'.

I had told the guy I had scoliosis and had a big scar, but didn't mention the other stuff, and he never mentioned noticing it and even tho i was super-conscious of it, it never seemed to stop him. The next guy I was with I told him AFTER he had already seen me naked and then he said "really?" and started looking for it.

After that I decided not to bring it up ... if it came up in conversation, I'd talk about my scoliosis, but one guy I was sleeping with for a whole year and had never even mentioned it and when it came up one day he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about.

My current boyfriend knows that I'm self-conscious about it, but I've tried to keep my complaints minimal ... i've found that guys hate it when girls are constantly complaining about themselves ... i mean, I hate hearing my sister always say she's fat when she's totally not.

Anyway, my point ... your uneveness will not stop a guy from wanting you physically, especially if he truly likes you for who you are, and even the shallow ones often won't care. I wouldn't worry about telling them beforehand, but I agree that it feels like you owe them an explanation ... so I just say I have scoliosis and let them attribute any "problems" with my body to that.

And another piece of advice ... start dating a lot! Do the online thing ... it's hard, it's scary, it often sucks, and you're feelings will get hurt at some point, but as a girl who never dated until 27, it sure helped to go on LOTS of dates and see how they all compare ... it also becomes a lot easier, you learn a lot about yourself, you learn a lot about what kind of person you like, you become more comfortable with dates and you act more like the real you than the nervous you, so I say go for it and stop pushing them away. Good luck!!! And have fun!!!

Comment

Uneven Breast

Hi Guys, i have a question, i know most if not all females with scoliosis has one breast smaller than the other, after surgery do they get more even or do they stay the same? iwould really like to know. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X