One breast smaller than the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One breast smaller than the other

Hi, because of my scoliosis, one of my breasts is MUCH smaller than the other. I'm not talking smaller as in if you really look closely, I'm talking whole different cup sizes.

I'm wondering if any others are in the same boat and how they deal with it. I'm 26 and have never had a boyfriend, as I've driven away anyone interested since I assume they'd run the other way in disgust if I'd ever let them see me naked.

I need to know if any women have been able to find men who did not care, and who were able to see beyond this. I'd like to believe that's possible, but sometimes I get really disillusioned and resign myself to spinsterhood.

Thanks.

If a guy is worth their while (and yes there is guy's out their like that) they are going out with someone for who the person is (their personality etc) not for whether they're fat/thin/big boobed etc. Give guys some credit.

It may be difficult but if you never go out their and check out 'the possibilities' you'll never know, and you'll leave yourself constantly wondering what if............And there's lots of places to meet someone which aren't necessarily limited to pubs and nightclubs.

You know I dated a guy with CP who was wheelchair bound at one stage......I could see beyond the chair and the 'disability label' and I fell in love with the guy in the chair and who he was....a lot of the time I forgot the chair was even there. I've also dated what you'd class as 'hot' guy's too. I have friends who you'd class as 'fat' who've picked up some of the best looking guys I've seen. They go out with an attitude of knowing whilst their body isn't 100 perfect they go out with confidence and a special zest for life, that you can't help but notice them.

My body isn't the best to look at; there's stretch marks across my belly from a period of rapid weight gain when I was growing up, I have a cup size difference in each breast and the scar from my scoli surgery with still a big rib hump, very uneven shoulders and big curves in my back. I know my body's not perfect but I focus on what I can change, not what I can't

There's lots of ways to deal with it. In the bedroom a sexy nightdress can work wonders to hide 'yucky bits'; nice flattering clothes when you are out and about......and also a mask of confidence (even if you're really nervous on the inside) and a big smile on your face.

Regards

Alison

Comment

Most guys are so happy to see boobs period that they don't notice assymetry. I am in the same boat as you are (a full cup size different). My last boyfriend ONLY wanted me for my body. And that was complete with a single curve that left me with no waist on my left side, a scar a foot long on my abdomen from another surgery, and then scoliosis surgery and that scar. He never noticed the difference, or if he did, it didn't make any difference to him. If a pig like him can accept that stuff , I imagine most caring boyfriend types will handle it in a similar way.
      But... yes, nice nighties can help a lot. I found that really taking care of and spoiling myself helped me out with accepting my body and rasing my self esteem. I tanned, I went running religiously, I bought nice makeup, tried out a different haircut etc... I prettied myself up to the point that even with scoliosis and crooked boobs, I felt pretty darn good about how I looked...
      Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
      Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
      Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
      Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
      February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
      September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

I had the same problem, especially after breast feeding my son who was born in 1993. It didn't bother my husband (they were sooo small anyway), but I had breast augmentation that same year because it made ME feel better. I have to say it wasn't because of the lopsided thing. I was never shy or introverted, (to say the least) and I didn't have problems being naked; I just didn't like how they looked after getting pretty big breastfeeding. If we hadn't been financially able at the time and if HE said he wanted them bigger, I wouldn't have done it. It's a personal decision and it may or may not help you feel better about your body. Believe me, I've been up down from a size 2 to a size 12 and most men are just thrilled to see a woman naked and love breasts no matter what size they!

I think guys won't have a problem with your breasts; you are probably acutely aware of it. My shoulders are crooked, I have gained more weight than needed for my poor back and have a very visible curve that practically melds into my shoulder blade. Yet my husband still tells me how beautiful I am and I'm sure he'd love to see my breasts whatever size they may be. No-one! is perfect and the right man will love you however you look.

I hope you can look inside yourself and see what's right for you! I'm sure one day when you have that someone special you'll feel completely at ease with him!

Comment

I believe that in some cases medical insurance pays for plastic surgery to correct deformity. I read about a local plastic surgeon who augmented a breast of a young scoliosis patient because of the difference in size of breasts. I believe it is very common with scoliosis in women. But it is nice to know that a simple augmentation could be covered by insurance because of medical necessity. It's worth investigating.

Comment

I'm not sure on the insurance thing, but I do know that most of them have good payment plans. You really have to make sure you have a reputable, board certified doctor. I know so many who have botched jobs, but I paid a little more for someone who I knew had an awesome rep and I knew several women who had them done there. Even my gyno said it was a good job at my last exam. (That thrilled my husband-loL!) Theyr'e using silicone again, but I'd advise against it. My sister's are like rocks and she had them done in California over 25 years ago and has never had anything but trouble. She can't even have a mammo they're so bad. I have saline and they're so much more natural looking than hers, plus no hardness or problems. (knock on wood)
            Last edited by djsmom; 09-12-2005, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I just wanted you to know that I had the same problem with breast size as you. However, I married and had a baby at the age of 20. I was very thin and had "lopsided" breasts with one being about twice as large as the other. I used to pad the small side to make them look symmetrical. To make matters worse I also had some stretch marks on them even before I got pregnant!! The doctor thought the reason for the stretch marks was that I had been previously fat. I said they appeared when my breasts started to develop and that I had never been fat. Of course with the pregnancy I got a lot of stretch marks on my breasts and abdomen and varicose veins!. (My doctor called them battle scars) So at 20 I was "marked" for life but my husband loved me anyway and never asked me to do anything about it all.
              I didn't know that scoliosis was a factor in breast size until I read it on this forum. My daughter noticed the same asymmetry (that I had) in her breasts, only after she had a baby. She doesn't have scoliosis. Her breasts were smaller than mine so maybe that is why the asymmetry wasn't noticed until her breasts increased in size due to pregnancy. Her breast issue didn't stop her from having relationships with men. She is on her 3rd husband!!!
              I hope this helps you.

Comment

one more word on this?

I grew up during the "sexual revolution" and used to be hung up about the breast difference and back hump, using half padded bras and other camoflage. Eventually I realized if a guy didn't want to be with me because of it, then he was a superficial jackass I had no use for. I stopped trying to hide it and found it never prevented me from being involved with men I WANTED to be involved with. (You choose THEM too!) I'm now married to a loving smart funny guy (for over 15 years.) And I trust him, too. I couldn't trust someone who would be bothered by it.

I would NEVER get breast surgery to correct this...The kind of guys who would be bothered by yr breast would be bothered by yr back, or yr nose or yr ears or the way you wear yr hair...the heck with them! Consider your scoliosis an early jerk detector.

Comment

My hubby and I make light of my breast size difference...I laughingly tell people I am a DC !

Comment

breast imbalance

Hi! I had the same problem and at age 15, the "adults" decided to give me one breast implant. That lasted until my 20's when your body changes. I then had two implants put in to even me up again. I had three children in my 30's, breastfed and then found that my implants had ruptured resulting in my third surgery. I can tell you that how you feel about yourself is VERY important, but you have to decide if you are willing to go to those lengths to appear even. I would do it again ( even though it was no picnic), but some times I wish I could have just told the world to go jump instead of worrying about what people would think when they saw me in a bathing suit!

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

As Blair said, some men just like the fact you -have- breasts My husband says "as long as it's a hand full, it's just right".

Rib humps got put into this somehow, but my comment goes along with the whole 'how your body looks' thing. Some people really can look past that. My husband usually sits on my left side, but one Sunday he was sitting on my right, and commented about me having a hump he never noticed before. This was after 2 years of marriage... of course, he also grew up with me (he lived across the street, and his older sister was my best friend)...so maybe he was just used to it.
                      But anyway, the point is that he loved me for ME, and then later got to realizing my physical faults...but he'd already made a commitment, and was trapped LOL j/k
                      I may be crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane...

Comment

How did you tell the guy about your boobs?

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm definitely more confident now about finding a guy who will not care about my "boob situation". Now...

How did you all broach the subject? Did you tell them what to expect before they saw you naked? How did they react when you told them/when they noticed?

The more scenarios you guys can give me to prepare for when I'm finally comfortable enough to bare all the better. Thanks, this information means so much!!

Comment

The fact of the matter is if you really love and feel loved and comfortable with a man-wich is one of the most important things in a relationship, or else there's not much; well then you will tell him about your back, your health problems, your fears and insecurities and he should understand and love you despite of them. That's all
                          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

What Other People Might Think...

If a man is a real man he won't care about anything like that anyway. He's more interested in other things. I am new to this posting thing and thought I should definatly reply to your post.

When I was a child I was made fun of - of course because of the brace and also because I had a crooked nose. I didn't have a boyfriend until senior year of high school, and even then I was talked into doing something because that would make it "real." F**K THAT. I did my thing for a few years. Now that I am older and I realize that I wanted male attention because I lacked that boyfriend thing as a teenager. I suppose you could say that one breast is a little smaller than the other, but really, I wasted so much time when I was younger being afraid of what others would say, that these days I don't give a D**N and once you realize that, then it'll find you when you least expect it. Keep your head up and you''l find your man- actually- he'll probabaly find you, but don't stress yourself on what other people think. And besides have you ever heard the saying ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME!

Comment

I know exactly where you are coming from. I am 23 and I have a major double curve in my spine. This either has caused or makes more noticable the fact that one breast is much smaller than the other. I am 5'5" and 115 lbs, so neither of my breasts are big (to say the least), but the one is much much (a full cup size) smaller than the other.

To make matters worse, when I was 16 I was in a bad car accident and had a double compound fracture in my left leg. I now have a titanum rod in that leg and a nice scar to go with it. I also have a (what I think is horrible) scar on my hip where they took bone and skin to graft to my leg.

So, when I look at myself in the mirror, this is what I see:

I deformed back, one noticably smaller breast, a deformed/scarred hip and an even more deformed/scarred leg.

That is my view of myself. I have never had a problem getting guys interested in me. (Not to sound conceited) But, I think that a lot of what we see of ourselves, others don't really see.

If you saw me on a regular day walking down the street, you would never know that anything was wrong with me. But I still feel very self-conscious about my body when I am shopping for clothes, or on a beach.

In the bedroom? Never a problem. Every boyfriend I have ever had has not even made a comment about any of the things I am worried about.

I am now living with my current boyfriend and I asked him one day if he thought I should get breast augmentation. His response was, "for what?" I said, "because they are so uneven." He said, "I didn't even notice."

Either love is blind, or he just doesn't care. It is noticable, but no guy I have ever been with has ever complained about it. I have never brought it up to any guy before (besides the conversation with my current bf).

Like someone had said in one of the earlier posts, boobs are boobs and thats all most guys care about when it comes to that subject.
                              "My advice to you is not to wonder why or whither, but to enjoy your ice cream while it is still on your plate."
                              - Author unknown

23 years old, contiplating surgery.
                              Diagnosed at 12, never been braced.

My Blog:

http://backetyyak.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X