Here we go again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again.

I had a fusion back in 96 and now I have severe spinal stenois that will require surgery and posibly another fusion. I have an appointment with Dr. Khaled Kebaish at John Hopkins for a second opinion and hope to have him do the surgery if I do have to have it. Last time I had it I did not have to go back to work because I had to go to school and find a new way to make a living. So I don't remember how long the healing process took. I tried to blank that out. LOL So my question is how long should I expect to be off work? I now have a desk job so it's not anything that requires a lot of strength. Plus has anyone had dealings with Dr. Khaled Kebaish?

Thanks, Howie

Sorry Howie, I havent faced that one... but prayers are with you!!

Comment

When I had my first fusion I was out of school for a full two months. I am having one of my rods removed in December and my orthopedist told me I would be out of everything for 2 weeks. I hope I am only out of work for 2 weeks because I need to keep my job.

Comment

Dr. Khaled Kebaish at John Hopkins

Howie, I'll be seeing Dr Kebaish for the first time next week regarding having revision surgery. I'd be curios to know what you thought of your visit.
        Judy

Comment

Sorry I did not get back here to read your post. I thought Dr Kebaish was really nice and very helpful. He seems to be really up to date on things also. He wants to fix my scoliosis and put rods in. He said if I went with the fusion that they wanted to do here in Ohio that it would just make my scoliosis worse and I would be having another surgery before long. I must say it was the most thorough exam I have ever had with my back. I feel kind of mad that my other doctors never took the time to do that. I just felt like he was top notch. I have my surgery in January. He says it will make me feel so much better. I'm just looking forward to being able to stand straight again and maybe getting rid of this neck and back pain.

So how did your appointment go? Did you like him?

Comment

Good luck, Howie ~ My surgeon told me that taking the balancing "spikes" (screws) out of my hips might help me... I've made the decision to NOT have any more surgery unless I start developing a strong desire to die! Again, good luck! I will say a prayer for you!
            ~ Irene ~
            Lumbosacral Scoliosis: Corrective surgery (12 hours anterior and posterior) on June 19, 2002 at age 56; Surgeon: Lawrence G. Lenke; Hospital: Barnes in St. Louis, Missouri; Pre-Op 58/56 degrees "S" curve; Post-Op: 40/33 degrees; Fusion: T-11 to S1

Comment

Working...
            X