Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am A Boy With Scoliosis.. i hate it so much... i don't know what to do anymore :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM,

Are you replying to the person who originally started this thread? If so, you might want to know this person might not be on the forum anymore. The original post was from 2005!
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-06-2009, 02:49 PM.
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
      JDM,

Are you are replying to the person who originally started this thread? If so, you might want to know this person might not be on the forum anymore. The original post was from 2005!

Yeah, I found out after I wrote a 6 page essay that someone revived a very old thread and was like....awesome. Oh well, maybe if another boy/girl reads it, it might help them I guess.

Comment

hi there! Don't let this take over life dude! 22 degrees is nothing compared to some scoliosis cases. I just had fusion on the 30th of September 09 and yeah it was hard! I had a 60 degree curve in my thoracic spine and you thought your back popped out of the side. My rib hump was pretty evident when I bent down. I was self conscious about it. But thats how I was made, and it needed to be fixed. There's nothing you can do to change how you were made and that might seem hard to accept. I've had family members who have had cancer and my mom did blood work at a hospital when she was in college. I am very thankful for my health even though I wasn't perfect before and I'm not perfect now. It could be a lot worse ya know? At least its a skeletal disorder and if it does get worse it can be fixed and not something like leukemia. I'm 18 so I'm not that far off from your age. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
        Maliha

Comment

whoops I replied too haha

Comment

That's okay JDM. It felt good to get that off your chest,though didn't it?

Mary Lou
            Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

What ever happened to Amin? He last posted in 2005. He'd be 20 years old now.
              Daughter April had surgery July 13th, 2009 by Dr. David P Roye at Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital. T2-L4
              She's doing very well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                That's okay JDM. It felt good to get that off your chest,though didn't it?

Mary Lou
                Oh why yes it did. My surgery is in 3 days. Oh man I can't wait to get cut open like a piece of steak! Whenever I take off my shirt or something and girls ask me how I got that scar, I'll just say "I got in a fight with a shark, and I won" LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM555 View Post
                  Oh why yes it did. My surgery is in 3 days. Oh man I can't wait to get cut open like a piece of steak! Whenever I take off my shirt or something and girls ask me how I got that scar, I'll just say "I got in a fight with a shark, and I won" LOL.
                  I am sitting her laughing my butt off at "I got in a fight with a shark....." My daughter has always worn a bikini and with the except of the first summer after surgery, that hasn't changed. She quickly learned that some people are rude and just blurt out "Geez! What happened to you?" and I told her, depending on whether or not the person was being rude or just curious, feel free to tell them whatever you want. For example, tell them, while wearing your brace (before surgery) that you were skiing and took this awesome jump and fell and broke your back. Or after surgery, TELL THEM A SHARK ATTACKED YOU! (I forgot to tell her the part about, and I won).

While standing in the ocean one time a little boy, about 10, came up to her and asked her what happened. As soon as she told me what happened, I immediately asked, "did you use the shark attack story?" She said, no, he was just curious little boy and I didn't want to scare him." Darn, it would have been so perfect!

Keep your sense of humor and you will go far. My daughter and I feel, why hide the scar? Whenever someone asks about it, she uses it as an opportunity to inform someone about Scoliosis. Good luck with your surgery.

Mary Lou

Comment

Haha yeah, I will definitely make up jokes out of my scar. I bet I will get a lot of weird looks or questions about the scar. I don't mind that at all. And it seems like "A shark attacked me" is awesome. It's definitely on the list of things to say when someone asks.

Thanks about my surgery, I hope it all goes well too. Like I said, I actually can't wait because I want to get fixed up already. I feel like a little kid counting down the days to go to Disneyland or something lol.
                    John

Comment

I think you'll go great, with such a positive attitude. We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to your first posts!
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                        I think you'll go great, with such a positive attitude. We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to your first posts!
                        Haha thank you and wish me luck. Surgery is in 2 days.In less than 48 hours I'll be in surgery.

Comment

You Sound Like Me!!!

Hi-
                          You sound just like me!! But i am a 10 year old girl and i was diagnosed when i was 6. i always think the same thing like why am i not straight. But i have a 20 degree curve in my lumbar. but i have a slight curve in my upper spine too. But i have to wear a brace. it's awful!! don't worry about surgery because my little cousin has a 65 degree curve and thats about what degree that your spine has to be. But they probably will brace you because where i go they brace when you have a 20 degree curve!!! Good luck!!!!!

Comment

first of all, dont wish for surgery. i am a 12 year old girl that has to have sugery in 25 days.not fun. plus i know how you feel with your spine. try having veryone laughing becouse of it. my friends told EVERYONE.
                            now i am missing my winter band concert, 2 weeks of school and last but not least one of my friends. i hate having the idea that i will have metal in my back. i have cried everyday for 3 weeks now. but i do get where your coming from. just skiming over your message i can tell that you really hate it... i can not go on roller coasters for a while. just think theres always someone else worse off from you! thats my words of wisdom. plus bracing sucks, lemme tell ya. 6 months in a brace i didnt even need...
                            its all good now though... no more brace

Comment

Get a life idiot.
                              Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
                              Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
                              Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
                              http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger
                                Clarification for people reading through after the spam was deleted, the preceding post was in response to since-deleted spam.
                                Thanks hdhugger for the clarification. I thought that moron's account was deleted already so was surprised to see him at it again. >_<
                                Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
                                Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
                                Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
                                http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

Working...
                                X