scapula pain-hands up who hates it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scapula pain-hands up who hates it?

hi, just wanted to know, and hear from people who also have pain that feels more like tension because of their scoliosis. I have scoliosis, i have a double major curve and my spine is also twisted a bit. I get 'pain' that feels like tension around my right scapula and under it, anyone get that? I think its because of muslces being over stretched because of the curve and muscles over working to try and manage the curvature of the spine. well anyway just wanted to hear from people who understand what I'm saying. Isn't that tension 'pain' annoying, because it's not like you're actually tense about anything thats going on in your life but your back just feels really tense and if you stretch it out it can hurt and it also makes me feel uncomfortable when i first lie down in bed. Anyone else understand??? thanks -x-

Oh, YES.
    My back and shoulder muscles are all stretched out of timing/alignment due to congenital kyphosis just under my ribcage. And the tension and pain I get out of my shoulders is just as you describe. And that's on a good day.
    I've discovered recently a fantastic way of stretching them all out which seems to work for me. You grab a ball of some description, sit in a chair, and shove the ball directly between your shoulder blades, holding it there and leaning back on it as you sit.
    My physio initially recommended a tennis ball, but I have a set of juggling balls (much softer and filled with rice or something) and one of those definately does the trick. Half an hour of sitting with that between my shoulders seems to get rid of a fair bit of the tension.

Ta,
    Martin Hughes

Comment

hi thanks for the reply, good to know other ppl know what I'm talking about.
      That sounds like a good trick, thanks I'll have to try it
      Thanks again,
      Clare -x-

Comment

Yes I get that too!
        Feels like a knife stabbing under my shoulder blade!
        I sit against a fairly hard backed chair and press my back against it-it works very well in the car when Ive done a little bit too much shopping!
        Mine also hurts when I lie down especially when Ive been busy and my back is tight.What helps me is drawing my knees up to my chest when I first lie down-stretches the muscles out.
        Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

I second the ball idea- I have some softer ones that came with a yoga DVD and stand up against a wall with the ball on the spot it hurts and bend my legs to roll the ball around. Or I beg my boyfriend for a massage.

Comment

Working...
          X