No announcement yet.

I hate scoliosis-help me, I'm confused : (

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to say that every single thing you said is exactly what I think about every single day. It actually comforts me that I'm not the only one who thinks about all of that and reading everyones replys has also made me feel alot better. I was wondering if you'd like to chat sometime, I know it would help me. so if you want to you can email me or add me to your msn: scorpio_gurl97@hotmail.com
    take care

Comment

I hate my rib hump!!!

I am 25 years old and extremely self conscious of myself. My thorasic curve is 45-50 degrees, so I have a pretty severe rib hump. Before surgery it was 88. The rib hump that I have consumes me. I think about it everyday and am constantly wondering if other people notice it. I hate getting dressed for work in the mornings, it's always such a process to find blouses that camaflouge my rib hump. I just want you all to know how comforting it is to know that there are other people out there that are struggling with the same things that I struggle with everyday. I recently went to the doctor to talk about thorocoplasty, but I've heard how painful it is how long the recovery is, so I am really apprehensive. I just want to to either have the courage to get it done and move on with my life or don't have it done and just accept the way I look. I'm tired of this rib hump consuming my life!!! I just want to wake up one day and never think about it again.

Comment

I understand what you mean

I feel exactly like that too - I find myself glaring at people just because they look fine and normal and that makes me feel even worse. Nothing fits me right-some clothes are tight around my curve and baggy elsewhere. I recently had my school prom and had to have my dres adjusted so that my back didn't look so pronounced. I felt so ugly when I was having this and I regularly look in the mirror and get p****d off with it.
        My curve technically isn't big enough to need surgery but I'm having it done because I am sick of looking like this and I want to be able to sit in a chair without being in pain. I find that I think my curve is bigger than it is and people barely recognise that anything is wrong. It just takes time to come to terms and feel comfortable. Like Jadey said, she doesn't "give 3 monkeys" about it and I'm starting to think that way too.
        Jen x x
        Jenny
        18 years old
        Sept '04 - Diagnosed with 40° thoracic/lumbar curve
        Sept '07 - anterior spinal fusion T8-L2

Comment

still attractive

Hey my name is Aisha, I don't think you should hate scoliosis, you shouldn't think your unattractive, i have 2 curves and i go on with a normal life like it isn't there.I think its cute for some reason it looks like a snake(COOL 2 ME) the only thing is that it looks like i limp when i walk but that doesn't matter to me (some times). I see myself as an attractive girl and i wear what eva i want 2. sometimes i think people are stirring at my back but i come to see people don't really notice it unless u point it out. SO ROCK ON WITH YO BAD SELF. Don't think ur ugly cuz of your scoliosis. YOUR BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY!!!!!!

Comment

Have you thought of this?

If you ever watch mtv music videos, all the girls dancing have curves in their lower back. And all the guys seem to like that, so you are not only beautiful, but possibly beautiful-er (if that's a word) than everyone else!

HI
            Im 15
            im pretty outgoing
            JV Cheerleader-woot woot :]

my curves are:
            in the 30s.
            somewhere in or around there.

i have a spinecor brace.

Comment

The Schroth Method

Hey there, my name is Nicole. I'm a 17 year old from Wisconsin. I have scoliosis and was wondering if you're heard of the Schroth Method? Let me know and I'll give you some information. It's a non-surgical approach to treating all of the aspects of scoliosis, both mental and physical.

Comment

Working...
              X