Thread: had surg. on july 12

had surg. on july 12

Hey All,
    My surgery went well. I am now one month pre op and i have no regrets. They did the lower reconctruction of my back. I have screws and rods placed it with fuions with cages. I am up walking and driving ,shopping even at three weeks. So to anyone that is interested in this wonderful doctor, his name is Dr. joseph Flynn in Orlando Fl. He works out of one of the best hospitlas I have ever been to. Orlando Regional Meical Center. Myhats offf too all those involved great job.
    Diagnosed 11 at school screening, surgery 16.
    Had Harrington rods w/fusions.
    Luque-thorasic.
    Full term pregnancies,no major issues.sciatica with the first. Epidurals with C-sections
    2005:lumbar reconstruction, 2 plates, 6 screws in sacrum, and 2 cages with my own bone.
    2007: cervical surgery to correct 4 bulging discs, two fusions with cages using cadaver bone.
    Both of my daughters have scoliosis. Both were diagnosed by 7.
    http://spinedoctors.md/ Dr, Jospeh Flynn Jr

Krystal,
    Great News! Thanks for sharing. I have three weeks until my first revision surgery date (Sept. 8th) and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to hear of someone's success. Keep up the good work.

Krystal, I am so happy for you

I have been thinking about you and did some praying around your surgery date since I remembered it was the 12th and now knew it was you when you mentioned it I'm glad you kept us updated, since I was wondering how it all went and how you were doing. Amazing that it's all going so well, what great news

Thans for the replies and prayers I wish I would have been around right after but I had some glum days to due family issues,and did not want to seem negative. but overall this has been a great change for me I knew I was so close to not having leg function anymore, and I was scared. I get around better now at one month than I did pre op. And less pain, Take Care All...
    Diagnosed 11 at school screening, surgery 16.
    Had Harrington rods w/fusions.
    Luque-thorasic.
    Full term pregnancies,no major issues.sciatica with the first. Epidurals with C-sections
    2005:lumbar reconstruction, 2 plates, 6 screws in sacrum, and 2 cages with my own bone.
    2007: cervical surgery to correct 4 bulging discs, two fusions with cages using cadaver bone.
    Both of my daughters have scoliosis. Both were diagnosed by 7.
    http://spinedoctors.md/ Dr, Jospeh Flynn Jr