loose screw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose screw?

i am fused 12 levels. 9 mos post op. is it still possible to have a screw come loose? i say this because i am always in low back pain, and the last fused vertarbrae all around the left side of it is black and blue and hurts to the touch? could it be anything?

Yes, it's possible for screws to pull out. An area of bruising is definitely something about which you should discuss with your surgeon.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I was in your position after my second back surgery in 1999. Although it turned out that my bar had slipped a little bit and there was a chance that I would have to under go a 3rd surgery to correct it. I was lucky that it didn't slip anymore and now its been 6 years since my last surgery. Your back will be sensitive to touch for awhile but it will get better. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to try and answer them so if you want you can private message me or send me an email at larissa_k_whitley@yahoo.com.

Larissa

Comment

Working...
      X