I am trying to find out what the sypmtoms of an allergic reaction would be to having surgical steel implants to repair a fractured leg. My husband has 3 plates and 15 screws in his leg. Since his surgery in May he has nothing but allergic reations. He has broke out in a rash over most of his body. The rash is bumpy, red, and itches. We have been to the doctor over and over. He has been given steroids which clears it up but as soon as he's done with the meds it comes back. All medications he was on have been changed. He's been to a dermatoligist and was told he was allergic to something and to figure it out. The only constant is the steel plates. Anyone else have any ideas?