long term after effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long term after effects

I was 12 when I had my surgery. I had an S curve and corrected the top curve with rods, the lower curve was only a 14 degrees. I just had my 30th birthday! For the past 6 months I have had more back pain. I always had some irritaion but it has increased over time. I have an almost 2 yr old daughter (in march) which makes things a little more challenging. Concerned about my pain I made a doctors appointment with my family doctor. He requested xrays to examine my lower curve. He has diagnosed me with spinal arthritis. I am currently taking vioxx which does feel as it helps loosen me up because my muscles always feel so tense. However it has not taken away all the pain, along with the fact that it doesnt last throughout the day. I can only take it once a day. I take it at night for a restful sleep, and I am sore during the day, I take it in the morning for an easy day and I am sore at night. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has felt the long long term after effects of scoliosis surgery and is there any suggestions, also is there anything else to expect down the road???? I really want to enjoy my daughter as she grows and I am afraid I will be restricted in the activities I can share with her.
    Please help if you can.
Working...
X