No announcement yet.

Harrington Rod and pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My c-section didn't take that long. My doctor even allowed my husband in the room which was unusal. I did have the tube down my throat and didn't have any problems don't worry they will find a way to put you under to have the baby. By the time I got out of recovery which if I remeber right was not that long the baby was brought to the room wide awake and screaming and at 5 yrsold she still has a mouth on her Just keep the faith !!!! you are just a nervous 1st time mom and you have the right to be. But enjoy every bit of it. When are you due??

Comment

thank you so much for telling me your story, I am due March 24, but because it is a planned c-section, and they obviously dont want me to go into labor, it will probally be a couple weeks before my actual due date, so like the first or second week in March. Do either of your children have scoliosis themsleves? So far in all of my ultrasounds the babys spine seems to be fine, and she seems to be growing well. I have another ultrasound in the next couple of weeks, ( they are keeping close tabs on everything ). And I am so excited, this is like my 5th one , but they are so much fun, and with the last ultrasound and this one they will do the 4-D imaging, so you can see so much detail than the original black and white, it makes me cry everytime, and I even see my husbands eyes well up while watching. Since I was born with scoliosis I guess I am concerned as to what my babys odds would be for inheriting it also, as of now and as the doctors see, everything is growing fine and normal. Thank you again for you time and response.....

Comment

my kids have been fine so far. I'm watching my daughter real close. My son has mytonic muscular dystrophy but he has not shown any signs yet thank goodness. My ex-husband passed away last year he was the carrier of the MD gene and I have scoli on my side of my family I have been the only one that have it bad enough to have the surgery. I am conserned about my daughter but all we can do is watch. And PRAY

Comment

Hey there, Just to respond, I had the same major op in 1992 and now at 27 years old I have had two natural births.. I felt the same fears as you, but it made no difference to my labours.. the ONLY thing that was not allowed due to scoliosis was I was the epidural/spinal block they sometimes use as I am aware that my spine is still not perfectly straight and it is SO important they get the needle in the correct bit of the spine..so I was advised to avoid this and was aware that if I needed a C section it would be under GA.. so I was glad I made it natural... I reccommend the pethadine!!!!!
          good luck
          Kate
          katecgreenaway@hotmail.com london UK

Comment

I noticed your due date is close.I do not have Scoliosis, my son does, but wanted to reassure you no matter how a baby arrives in this world you will bond... one look into those eyes... My first two sons were c section, my last two vaginal and the bond was and still is strong with them all.You really are not out that long, its nice to have Daddy there if possible, some Daddies take pictures.. we did not..I just remember the love that hit me when I opened my eyes and saw them.I had a sweet nurse who was there and she made sure as soon as I started to wake up my baby was tucked in my arms. You will be so happy it will not matter! Please let us know the name.... weight and all the wonderful things.. like that first little smile ...

Comment

Working...
            X