Carole's Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carole's Surgery

Hey Everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that I'm gonna be going into surgery on Monday. I had my pre-op on Wednesday. I'm getting my surgery at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, part of Stanford. I'll be in the hospital till Friday, and then I'll get to go home! Yay! I'm actually sort of excited. I'll be using the computers at the hospital just as soon as they let me walk. So I'll be making updates to this thread periodically. I also may handwrite stuff from my bed and send my parents off to post it here for the first few days after surgery! Ta!
    ~Carole~
    Used to have an S curve of 55 and 55, but now I'm...
    STRAIGHT-SPINED AND HAPPY!!!
    Surgery July 11th went well, and I'm recovering now!
    Feel free to email me--I'm a bracing and surgery veteran and I love to talk!

Donkeelover, God be with you this Monday in surgery. My daughter and I go to Shriners Thursday for pre-op. We'll swap tales later! Kris

Comment

Good luck Carole - hope everything goes well for you.
      Lorrie

Comment

Hi Carole,

Hope your surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

FlowerPower

Comment

Carole's surgery update

Hi,
          This is Carole's mom letting you know Carole's surgery went well Monday. She can fill you in on details later. Right now she is working on walking so she can leave the hospital tomorrow (we hope)! She is having some difficulty finding comfortable positions to lie in. Also, she is not eating yet...just juice. Otherwise, I think she's dong great, and the nurses all say she is moving very well!
          Thanks for your thoughts,
          Carole's mom
          ~Carole~

Comment

I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well and you are doing o.k. Take care -

FlowerPower

Comment

Carole,
              So glad to hear your surgery went well. I'm kind of new. My daughter has almost the exact curves you do, I mean did! Praise God! Her top curve is 55 and bottom is 53. They have increased quite a bit since January when she was diagnosed with thoracic 42 and lumbar 37. She's wearing the brace. Her Dr. is unsure about surgery at this point. We feel in our hearts that she will have to have surgery. Can't wait to hear you are well enough to let everyone know how you're doing. I'll be praying that your recovery is quick and you'll be back to do things you love ASAP. Cheryl
              NCM

Comment

Hi everyone! It's me! I'm aliiiiive! I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would take a moment and tell you how I'm doing! I finally got hungry in the hospital, and ate some cheerios. Then I went home on Saturday. Luckily, I didn't have a problem with nausea, which was the main thing I was worried about. I did, however, have a nasty war with constipation, but it all came out in the end (har har har). I'm on minimal amounts of vicodin now, and I'm completely off my ativan, which made me sort of loopy...I hope everyone else who had surgery is doing well too!
                ~Carole~

Comment

Congratulations Carole and welcome home! Kris

Comment

Hi Carol! I just came upon your post. I had scoliosis surgery on June 3rd...and here comes the exciting part...I had it at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, too!! Who is your doctor? My doctor is Dr. Rinsky!! I'm glad you're doing well!

Comment

OMG WOW!!! That's crazy! I have Dr. Lincoln. This lady my dad knows had surgery from Dr. Rinsky though, and she's doing really well. How about you? How goes it in the world of post 2 months? ^_^
                      ~Carole~

Comment

I'm doing well! Thanks for asking THe world of post 2 months goes pretty well! I'm starting school on Monday! I say Dr. Lincoln recently because Dr. Rinsky is currently on vacation. He seems like a really nice guy!

I also made a website about my experience with scoliosis. It's www.scoliosissurgery.org . There's a story about a girl who also had Dr. Lincoln. Here name is Clare. Right now it's temporarily shut down because I'm making some changes, but it should be up within two or three days!

Comment

Working...
                        X