New Russian son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Russian son

My wife and I adopted a 7 year old son from Russia last February. Long before the adoption, we were aware that Sergei suffered from congenital scoliosis. It was, in fact, one of the reasons we chose to adopt him. He is a fun, happy boy who is enjoying his new family and new life. He has also been entered into the Shriner's system in Minneapolis, a place well experienced in treating children with scoliosis. His primary treatment now is a brace. We are looking for others in the Twin City area who have children who have braces so we may exchange experiences and learning.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Amar and Kristen Subramanian.

Congratulations on your new son! Best wishes for his scoliosis treatment. Did he have any other tests to make sure the rest of his body is healthy? Many children with congenital malformations of the spine have some kidney involvement, and sometimes heart defects. Some also have spinal cord issues that may need surgical correction. I hope the docs at Shriners have covered all the bases needed for him. I'm also curious to know why they put him in a brace. An external brace has not been proven effective for congenital scoliosis cases. Maybe there are other factors involved that I'm unaware of.

My best to you and your family.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
    X