Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any adults used the spinecore brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orthotist
    happy to contribute, but far from a "pro"! just a keen interest in scoli, spine deformity.
    however are you actively working as an orthotist, and in bracing for scoliosis?

gerbo

Comment

gerbo

Research is a funny thing. Tough to find truly unbiased research, and there are interests or motives oftne behind studies. That being said, at least someone is making an effort... True, maybe practitioners were not trained properly in spinecor - be interesting to see if they highlighted who fit the patients in the study - have not read it yet. small study, But good to see a comparison.

Comment

gerbo

yes to your questions.
        To clarify, "far from pro" meaning that despite actively practicing in the area, I still have much to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by orthotist
          yes to your questions.
          To clarify, "far from pro" meaning that despite actively practicing in the area, I still have much to learn.
          that is a useful insight, which many professionals sadly are lacking.

Comment

To "orthotist":under parents and family> idiopatic scoliosis>adolescent I posted a question re "initial correction" of braces. do you feel able to comment? Also; have you come across the german bracers and their extraordinary (???) claims of succes, at least with regards to initial correction?

best wishes

gerbo

Comment

"orthotist" - Can you tell me where you heard about the Schroth treatment at the University of Wisconsin? As I am very interested in getting in touch with them, because I receive on average 3 to 4 people a week from my website (The Scoliosis Tree www.erikamaude.com) wanting to get this treatment in the USA and up until now I had no idea that such a place existed. Do you have any contact details for them?

Thanks,

Erika

Comment

Erika

Hello - I have visited your website often and think it's great.

There is a group of physical therapists out of the University of Wisconsin at Steven's Point who are initiating training in this method with Dr. Rigo out of Spain - he's actually coming in September to provide more training-2 week course. One of the physical therapist's children had scoliosis, and she went to Europe for treatment and became very interested and intrigued, so much so that she coordinated a conference in Wisconsin with Dr. Rigo last year - was there and it was intriguing. Her goal is to offer the Schroth method and get as much training as possible.

It is in its infancy, but the group is very committed and dedicated to learning. I would ask that you contact her for more information from Beth (P.T.) about their program given it is still developing before publicizing anything. her email is nhiw@wi-net.com.

Hope this helps.
                Pat

Comment

Thanks for that!!!

Erika

Comment

Working...
                  X