Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerbo

Thank you for your kind words.

On average, remake brace every 1-2 yrs, broad range, but really depends on child and when they hit their peak height growth period.

Did not mean to infer Lisanna was not slender - just an example of how some curves, devoid of explanation , behave more rigidly that others.

xrays - yes , it is a concern. but there are radiologic techniques that can limit exposure, cover ovaries, etc. that can limit exposure if repeated xrays are needed. There are groups working on alternative means of measuring spinal deformity - the xray is just a 2 dimensional image - I find the clinical exam and evaluation of the spine more informative. hopefully, it we can find a different way.

Conceptually, I agree with your comments regarding casting, but, in a cost conscious environment (at least here in US) and at the risk of traumatizing some children with the method, other methods are growing in popularity e.g. Cad/cam from measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by orthotist
      continue to do all u can and seek the best outcomes - you're on the right path.
      that last remark actually really cheered me up tonight, so thanks , hope you have a good day today

gerbo

Comment

Working...
      X