Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe this!

Hi everybody,

It's very unbelievable to me that there is so many people out there with soo many detailed sympthoms, and all because of scoliosis. I have been reading all day at the forum, well not entirely the whole day. I was just woundering if it's me or is the majority all woman that this happens to. I guess I was fortunate enough to have access to the net. I have seen myself in so many of you, that I can't find the courage to go through all that some or all of you have gone through. To me, it's just amazing.

I don't know how to cope with this like alot of you do. So much stress I have gone into severe depression. Now I have to deal with that too. AAAHH!!!! had to vent. I hope there will be someone out there to give me some words of wisdom that will enspire and lift my hopes up.

Thanks to everyone for listening.

Manny

Hi, Manny, welcome to the forum. This is a very supportive group that will encourage and help you because we are all undergoing the same trial. Scoliosis and living with it can be depressing at times. But it's not the end of the world. Many other people suffer from terminal illnesses much worse than what we have. I'm glad too that I found this site recently. You're not alone. Have you done anything to fight the disease? Don't give in to it or to depression at any cost. We love you.

Comment

Hello!

Hi there! My name is Hannah i am 13 and i wear a scoliosis back brace since i have scoliosis! Welcome to this forum. There are tons of great people here. I am very thankful for all the people here that encourage and relate to me. Its so awesome to know that if u have had a rough day u can come to this forum and have a bunch of awesome people to build u up and make u feel a million times better. I have worn a back brace for 2 years. And it has been hard... i would be lieing if i said it hasn't. But its something i know i have to live with and i have accepted it. It took a while to, but i have become a better person through out the 2 years. Honestly, they have been the best 2 years of my life. It feels like i completly found myself all over again. I have learned so much. I realize how lucky i am on lots of different levels. I know u might think its a little strange of me to be saying these things. U might think that scoliosis is just something u got to ruin your life. That is how i felt at first. But u start to think about it alot and u are happy with urself. You are you, and thats the best u can be. With or without scoliosis u are still the same person u have always been. But u can't let scoliosis ruin ur life. Like u know when u are having fun it seems like time flys? well i have had a very good attitude through out the whole thing and it has gone by so fast. And if u whine and cry about it everyday it will go by so slow, and thats no way to live! So be open to urself and u will learn to accept all of u. So don't be worry soon u will be out of ur brace and u will be back to ur old self. U will only find rewards. I will pray for u! IF u want to talk to me more my e-mail is cheerbootyshaker@yahoo.com thanks so much! Good luck.

Comment

Thank you savedbygrace and isaacschicky

I want to thank you for those encouraging words from both of you. You know, it realy made me get a rush from the bottom of my toes to the top of my head. It was awsome, it felt good to hear from people with such beautiful souls. I guess I was too afraid to come out. But, to this point I guess I have to accept it. I must move on. I realy don't understand why I'm saying all of this, it's not me to do this. But, CHANGE IS GOOD. I have to be strong and face this disease head on and fight it. Honestly, I do seem to be alittle afraid inside. One step at a time. Gees. you got me thinking so much, about encouragement, supportive, acceptance, and most importantly to love myself. I honestly want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will talk to both of you later.

Your new friend
        Manny

Comment

Working...
        X