Uneven Hips/Waist Post-Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneven Hips/Waist Post-Op

Hey I just had my surgery on June 2, 2005.

Everything went well and I got to go home in 5 days. My fusion is from T3 to T12. I had an S-shaped curve in my spine, but the doctors decided not to touch the L's.

When I arrived home my parents and I noticed that my hips and waist werent even, and that I tilted towards the left. The doctors told us that eventually that would correct itself because it's a supporting curve.

Does anybody have experience with that and what were the results?

Thanks,

Defne
    I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Uneven Hips/Waist Post-Op

I was fused from T4 to L4 for an S-curve in 2000. My hips and waist seemed to be more uneven after the surgery than before. My doctor told me the same thing - that it would even out eventually. It did, and my followup xrays proved it.
    TrulyAries
    FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
    10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
    8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
    5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
    2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
    3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

thanks

thts good to know. how long did it take for it to correct?
      I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Comment

my daughter had surgery this past november and i noticed when she came home from the hosptial that she was hunched forward. I was really nervous about it and thought that she would stay that way. She had never looked like that before the surgery, the dr. said that it was nothing to worry about and it would go away and it did. I think it's just the body readjusting to it's new position.

Comment

Working...
        X