No announcement yet.

So Far, So Good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my evaluation for PT today and my Iliopsoas muscle tested positive for tightness. That is what is still pulling me forward, causing the low back pain, and the leg weakness. The therapy is not going to be fun. The therapist said to make sure I take a pain pill before I come. Everything I've been reading describes the patient practically jumping off the table in pain when the trigger points are located and pressed. I start Tuesday three days a week for at least a month. I'll keep you informed.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Hi Theresa...

I've had my psoas muscle worked on. Although it's not something I'd do if there was no pay off, it's not all that horrid. Hope it helps you.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda, I'll try not to think about it this weekend.
        Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Well the PT didn't work. After 3 weeks my pain was increasing quite a bit with doing the stretches for the psoas muscle and the manipulations by the therapist. I was released and told not to do any of the exercises or stretches for at least 2 months. A few days later went back to the spine rehab dr. and she prescribed a brace (corset type) to wear only when doing continuous walking. Two days after that I saw the pain manegement dr. and he adjusted my Lyrica. He increased it, it seems to help. He didn't like the idea of me having the brace and made me promise that I would not use it regulary. I told him that I use it when I'm on the treadmill or when I am doing lunch duty at school. He said as long as I take it off right away when I'm done that it would be fine. I go next month to a neurologist about the numbness and tingling in my arms and hands. It is either coming from my neck or it's carpal tunnel. Since taking the Lyrica medicine I have actually worked out in the yard, haven't done that since April 2004. I was fine the next day, so I worked outside again with no problems. I still have pain but I'm able to be distracted from it now. I'll update again after the neurologist and pain management appointments in April.
          Last edited by Theresa; 03-18-2006, 12:02 AM.
          Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Haven't posted here for awhile, so thought that I would give a quick update. We went to Las Vegas for our son's 21st birthday. He and all the rest of the famly had a great time. My time was spent going somewhere for about 2 hours, then back to the hotel to lay down. Just cannot do the continuous walking thing still! I saw the surgeon the beginning of June for my one year checkup on the osteotomy and 2 year checkup for the original A/P surgery. He still has not released me. I am back in therapy again for at least 6 months possibly up to a year. We are trying a different therapy place this time. It is a spine, sports, rehab, chiropratic place. The chiro did a SEMG (surface EMG) on my back and pretty much all of my muscles were contracted in one way or another. Twenty two muscles were tested, 6 were normal, 2 mildly contracted, 3 moderatly contracted, and 13 severly contracted. We are trying a home exercise program of therabands and ball exercises. In the middle of July, I will have another SEMG done to see if anything has helped.

The surgeon said that they did not fuse the hemi-vertrabra that I have because there was no disc material there. It's possible that my pain is also coming from that, but he still thinks it muscular. There was a little bit of movement at the hemi though, so if this exercise program doesn't help I may have to go back and have that hemi fused.

I also had my EMG for the numbness in my hands, it is definitely carpal tunnel. It is not coming from the curves in my neck. That's good! I can't do anything with the hands though till I finiish with this rehab.

I'll do an update after my July app't.
            Last edited by Theresa; 06-19-2006, 02:26 PM.
            Theresa

Fused T2 to sacrum

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
            X