No announcement yet.

Surgery on Mon. June 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after the surgery is over Should i try to walk?
    I walked on the second or third day after surgery For the first day @ home I walked 5 minutes 4 times a day. Then I added five minutes each day. I didnt eat alot, and my energy was low, so I got tired easily.

After Surgery are you in need of something to eat?
    Yeah, even with the IV, you should eat food bc u need nutrition for recovery. I started off w/ just drinking apple juice but on my last day at the hospital i could eat alot.

How long after sugery would it be safe to throw baseball's lightly?
    ummm i dont play baseball...but....maybe u could throw a baseball very lightly w/o having to bend ur back too much.

How long after sugery would it be safe to play baseball at a higher leavel?
    not for a pretty long time.like 6 months to a year i know it sucks bc now im not gona be able to play basketball and that has a lot of contact in it too.

Has anyone ever heard of DR.Gordon Donald in Shrewsberry(NJ)
    nope

How much sleep do you get after the sugery?
    i didnt get alot of sleep during the night bc nurses are always checking up on you and u dont get pain killers alot so...yeah not a lot

How do you sleep after the sugery?
    u can sleep A: on ur back B: on ur sides. remember to get into a really comfy position bc then ur leg gets kinda numb, and C: u can sleep on ur stomach like a week and a half after surgery, dont curve/bend ur back too much tho. be sure to lie completely flat.

good luck
    Last edited by daffyduk911; 06-20-2005, 03:09 PM.
    I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Comment

Working...
    X