Another Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Question

Well, I would like to say everyone on the forum has been extremely helpful. My daughter is now recovering wonderfully from her surgery on Tues. The nurses told us she can have a shower again and take the bandage off on Friday (tomorow) . She has a small bandage over her stiches, which will eventually fall off. I was just wondering that when taking the first shower at home, should the bandage be taken off before or after the shower. The nurse at the hospital put this sheer tape to cover it, which is what I am going to try to do. Well, they were not entirely specific on what to do with the bandage and I called back and am still waiting for their answer. Anyway, I was just wondering if I could have some feedback on what is "normally" the case?

I'm glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well! I'm not surprised that the hospital wasn't very clear on some things, they are all like that. They deal with these surgeries every day and sometimes forget that we parents are new to this. I can't help you with the bandage issue, because my daughter wasn't allowed to shower for 10 days and her bandage was completely gone by then. She still had steri-strips on however. She was supposed to try and keep them somewhat dry. Good luck.

Mary Lou

Comment

Showering and Bandages

Showering can happen anywhere starting from the second day at home. Before I took off the bandages, my parents taped saran wrap on my back to prevent water from reaching my cut. I showered on a chair in the bathtub and everything went fine. Then my parents took off the saran wrap (which didnt cause any pain) and then they took off the big bandage (which was kinda uncomfortable but it was okay.) I showered again w/ saran wrap on my bandages that were on the stitches and everything turned out good.
      I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Comment

Working...
      X