anyone have thoracic surgery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have thoracic surgery??

i have 65 degrees of hyperkyphosis in thoracic and t-3 and t-4 hernated disc and torn disc t-5 to t-10 all very painful per discogram except one disc. doctor wants to do fusion from t-2 to l-1 with rods i also have 2 torn discs in lumbar l3-l4 and l5-s1 very painful per discogram. wants to do fusion on them at same time. would like to hear from people that have had thoracic surgery i'm 33 years old???? Thank you i also applied for ssdi got turned down first time expect to hear from second time anyday now!!!
    Hello I'm Dave
    34 years old
    2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
    65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
    Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Hi Brat...

I'm fused from T4-L3, and had my surgery at the age of 42.

Is your pain mostly in your lower back? Thoracic curves don't usually cause a lot of main.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi Linda

Thanks for repling.severe pain in thoracic and lumbar, i had a thoracic epidural yesterday i don't think we hit right point but i will see. I have very severe disc problems like a 90 year old person would have but i feel pain. Also

Pain doctor put me on Gabapentin i'm on 1800mg now doctor uped me to 2700 mg wondering if anyone has experence with this drug i haven't felt any relieve from it yet also on 2400 mg ibuprofen and vicodin and some other pills.

In lumbar also have scoliosis with left curve doctor dosen't seem to concerned about it I've look at my Dads lumbar film and is straight and mine very curved At L-4 that disc dosent cause any pain just discs above and below
      Thanks Dave
      Hello I'm Dave
      34 years old
      2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
      65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
      Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Comment

Pain?

hi...i didn't have any surgery but am thinking of one...what do you mean by thoracic curves don't cause pain? just curious, cos i have curve like that and no pain..will it get to the point of pain in future?

tnx
        26 year old with 55 degrees thoracic curve

Comment

Working...
        X