disney world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jennifer,

I'm with you--can't wait to hear how Pat's trip went. I take it that you haven't decided if you are letting your daughter go or not? If you do decide that she isn't going, she will survive. We spent our weekend in the mountains with four other families and all of us have 4-wheelers and they are a big part of our camping weekends. It was so hard for Jamie to sit and watch the other families take off on their 4-wheelers and she was left behind, but she survived. My other daughter and I didn't ride the 4-wheeler in support of Jamie. I think being there and watching everyone else had to be one of the hardest things she's done so far. Good luck with your decision.

Mary Lou

Comment

We're back from Disney!!!

Hi! I love this forum, it e-mails you when someone's posted! Disney was absolutely great! Jamie had no problems anytime anywhere, and she's 8+ months post-op. It was very very crowded, so unfortunately they didn't get to go on everything they wanted. I was at a medical conference all during the days, so my husband took them, and when they went on a ride that wasn't "good" for Jamie (like space mt., and thunder railroad) , she just sat on a bench and waited. She had her camera, sat, peopled watched and took pictures. She was fine with it, but you know, there is just so much to do, her back really was never an issue. There really are so few rides that are off-limits.

But again, we only spent three days there. And at our hotel, they had a huge twirly water slide two stories high, which she did again and again with no problems.

We also drove down from CT, and sometimes we were in the car for 12 hour rides, and then out and about at Disney for very long days, but she never ever complained about her back.

Jen, my vote is for letting her go, as long as Nicole, and the parents know some rides will be off limits, but so few. And Nicole can sit and wait.

And we always had to ask for extra pillows in our hotel rooms for Jamie, to put between her legs!

The rest of the time we spent over at the Gulf Coast swimming and bikeriding, long rides too! and she was fine with it all. It's nice to be back to "normal!," whatever the heck that is!

Hope everyone's enjoying the summer! Pat

Comment

hi marylou and pat
        i know it is hard when they are sitting out not being able to do the things that the other kids are doing. Sometimes my heart breaks when i see her not doing what all her friends are doing, but like you said they survive and we ARE letting her go. I can't believe it, but we are. I was undecided until last week she broke us down. She just wants to go so bad that she said she didn't even care if i don't let her go on any rides she just wants to go.
        Anyway i will be a wreck the whole time i'm sure, but she definitely knows what she can and cannot do.
        Pat,
        thanks so much for writing. I wasn't sure if you were back or not. I know i do love that this site e-mails you it makes it so much better.
        I am so glad that you had a good time! I think nicole will be able to handle it. She is so fine. I am so glad to hear you saying that there were alot of things that she was able to go on. So i guess i should tell her the ones that say "dont go on if you are pregnant or have back problems" she should absolutely stay away from. Did her back bother her walking the park for a long time. The parents that she is going with were so funny they said if nicole's back hurts they will get her a wheel chair. I laughed. I know she will not need that, maybe to sit for a few minutes, but i think she will be fine.
        If you think of any other things i should know please let me know and thanks again!
        Jennifer

Comment

Working...
        X