Congenital Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear your grandson is still having pain issues. It's not fun. I can imagine he's uncomfortable and frustrated being confined in the cast. Does he have a beanbag chair he could sit in? Sometimes that helps offer enough support that they can be independent a little.

I'd love to talk with you about your grandson. Please email me at boulderfam@hotmail.com. My son is now 10yrs old and had fusion surgery at age 11 months old. He is fused from T5-L1 (8 vertebrae). He wore a brace for 6 months post-op. I'd love to hear how things are going.

My best,
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Dancerchick

Hello, Alex sorry it took so long to respond to your question. Your question is not too personal at all. We sound like twins separated at birth ...misus some years ..lol!! I too have super long arms and legs. I could always literally touch my needs without bending at the waist . I was told by my doctors that I should have been between 5'10 to 6'1. To answer your question I am 5'2. So just imagine a guy with the wing span of 73 inches (me) and sitting even with my eight year old cousin . Please feel free to ask anything you'd like. It's not a problem. Hope to hear from you soon.

Darwin
      Last edited by Dee225; 11-13-2005, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X