myelogram & exhaustion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myelogram & exhaustion?

Had a myelogram this morning. Granted, only got about 6 or 7 hours sleep, but I am just wiped out. Is that normal? I have fatigue problems, and I want to determine whether this exhaustion is typical after a myelogram, or is the fatigue coming from something else?

Showed up for myelogram at 8AM. Needed a lot of blankets post-myelogram because I was feeling horribly cold. Came home noontime, got in bed and passed out until 6PM. Got up, fed cats, drank a lot of seltzer & apple juice, ate some chips, came back to bed and I have been fighting to keep one eye open (it's 8PM). Only drug they gave me was lots of lidocaine in my rear end before introducing the needle. But I feel like I'm waking up from full anesthesia, and I'm not winning the battle.

Comments, anyone?
    Leigh in NYC
    thoraco-lumbar fusion in 1978 by Hugo A. Keim (Columbia-Presbyterian NYC) for top curve of ...42-degrees... and a bottom curve of some number below ...30-degrees... Had no pain or deformity until after the surgery. Unfortunately, condition of spine has deteriorated in the intervening 27 years. Current potential-revision surgeon, the angel & brilliant surgical technician, Dr. Boachie in NYC. I count myself blessed!

Hi Leigh...

I had a myleogram a few weeks ago, and while I was a little tired afterward, I wouldn't describe it as exhausted. I'm not sure that it's anything you need to worry about unless it continues.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I'm sorry for your pain and hope you feel less tired.

I am curious as to what a myelogram is for? I don't think I ever had that test done.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Sweetness...

This should explain it:
        http://www.drdillin.com/education/ba..._myelogram.htm

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh, thanks. Very informative site on tests.

I had a Doppler exam a few months ago that does see if there is obstruction in the blood flow, since they thought I had a crushed nerve in my neck, wich is more like an echogram, not the same. So many different tests that can be done, it's overwhelming
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Same as a CT Myelogram?

The new design of the forum is awesome, but I got lost and couldn't find the search button until I posted a related thread.

Was this the same as a CT Myelogram?

Comment

Hi Crystal...

As someone already answered in another thread, the CT and myleogram are actually two different tests that I think are always performed together. The myleogram is first. That's where they inject the dye and take x-rays. Since you're having it done at UCSF, I assume it will be the same as mine in that you'll then be wheeled on the gurney a short distance to the CT scanner. Afterward, they'll take you to recovery where you have to wait until 2 hours after the dye was injected before you can go home. It's really a piece of cake. Dr. Berven's office will probably tell you not to eat anything after midnight the night before the test. That's in case they have to sedate you to inject the dye. They only do that for patients who just can't lay on their stomachs without great pain, so if you think you'll be OK, you can ignore that rule.

Good luck. I hope they find something definitive, and that it's not anything too serious.

Regards,
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X