No announcement yet.

Son Having Surgery on June 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Susanna. This last week is stressful. You start questioning all the decisions that you have researched and poured over. Tara said she is not worried at all. Just starting Sunday I have been waking up and not getting back to sleep. My son is graduating Sunday, so we have a houseful of company and parties so it has been a distraction which is good, but creates a bit more stress. She has her history and physical tomorrow and her last visit with her surgeon before surgery. I guess it's going to happen. Thanks for all the input which has helped so much to prepare.
    Linda

Comment

Tiny, After our pre-op visit, I entered a period where I felt a certain peace. I knew I'd done all my homework, and we were very comfortable with our surgeon, and there was nothing else to do or research. I still had a tough time sleeping, but my stress levels definitely dropped. I hope the same happens for you. I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Susanna
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

I agree Susanna, last week after our pre op discussion with the surgeon, I felt the same way. I came away feeling totally confident and at ease. Today Tara had her pre op physical and meeting with the anesthesiologist. All discussions went well, but the hospital was really hectic today, so I didn't come away feeling as calm. We also didn't see her surgeon today and I had hoped we would, but we still have the morning of surgery to talk if I have any other concerns. The anesthesiologist said he would use deramorph in the incision to ward off the pain longer and that she would have 2 nurses caring for her in recovery and getting on top of the pain before sending her to PICU. Tara is very calm and not at all nervous. So, I guess we are set for Monday morning at 9:00. I'll let everyone knowhow it goes.
        Linda

Comment

Good luck

and many prayers for Tara and you, Linda and your family

Gigi

Comment

Linda, Enjoy your weekend! I hope everyone in your household gets some sleep and is able to relax. Remember to tell you daughter to eat light on Sunday, with lots of fruits and veggies. Not to be gross, but this will make that first BM a little less brutal. Everyone in our house is thinking of you and sending our prayers.
            Susanna
            ~~~~~~
            Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Thanks so much Susanna and Gigi. It really does help so much to know people out there know what you are going through and are on your side and praying for you.
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X