Thread: Chairs Paid for Insurance?

Chairs Paid for Insurance?

I'm going to get surgery in the fall and was wondering if insurance covers the cost of any special chair. I'm going to be fused T3-L4 and my current office chair is pretty uncomfortable.

Also, has anyone used the Aeron chair (office chair by Herman Miller) with any success?

Lynn

Hi Lynn...

I seriously doubt that you'll get your insurance company to pay for a chair, but you should check your policy. You can, however, consider it a medical expense if your doctor writes a prescription for it.

Regards,
    Linda

Smile

Hi,

My employer paid for my chair and later on a bi-level adjustable desk when I don't like to sit all the time after I had surgery and 3 weeks disability.

Chairs for workplace?????

Our 26 year old daughter is returning to work on Feb. 4th after having surgery on October 29th. She is striving along with determination and motivation for the most part. Some days can be difficult and challenging in managing the pain due to healing, etc. Surely all can relate to this experience.

If there is more information about the Aeron chair or any that others have used at the workplace, it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to replies.
    Thank you.
    bjmk18

Chair for workplace

I asked for the Aeron Miller chair as an accomodation at work and my employer paid for it as a result.

That's great, how is everything going for you?