Dr. Khaled Kebaish, Johns Hopkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Khaled Kebaish, Johns Hopkins

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Khaled Kebaish at Johns Hopkins, particularly for treating adult scoliosis?

Dr Kebaish

I haven't yet, but I'll be seeing him next week for the first time regarding revision surgery.
    Judy

Comment

Pati

I just found out my spinal surgeon from Hopkins (Dr John Kostuik) has retired and Dr Kebaish has taken over his patients. I can't imagind Dr Kostuik passing his patients on to just any doctor but i soon will find out. i am 2 yrs post op after having 2 spinal surgeries (2002 & 2003) and recently have developed pain which i never had since my surgery and it appears the curve is returning. I will let you know how he is but I'll tell you He Must have a Good Bedside manner like Dr Kostuik has.

Comment

Dr Kebaish

Originally posted by dujer
        I haven't yet, but I'll be seeing him next week for the first time regarding revision surgery.
        Judy

Judy, How did your visit with Dr Kabaish go. My spine surgeon Dr Kostuik retired and has his patients seeing Dr Kebaish. I am 2 yrs post op and recently have developed back pain which i never had post op and the curve appears to be returning. I don't know how this is possible since i am fused and have rods from c1 down.(my entire spine) Thanks, Pati

Comment

Dr. Khaled Kebaish

I noticed several people had appointments with Dr. Kebaish how did they go and what is everyones opinion about him?

Comment

Dr.Kebiash

You might try this revision forum and ask:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Flatback_Revised/
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I went to Dr. Khaled Kebaish May 2010, and I need revision surgery, scoliosis surgery was done 2002, good results for 8 years, but now I'm twisting, and shifting to the right. Has anyone had this surgery, by Dr. Kebaish at John Hopkins. I would like to hear from someone, Thanks Lue

Comment

Originally posted by bonniep View Post
                Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Khaled Kebaish at Johns Hopkins, particularly for treating adult scoliosis?
                I' asking the same question, I need revision surgery, did you ever have surgery?, and if so how did it go. I had scoloisis surgery in 2002, Dr. Bolderston, Penn.Hospital, now he wants me to see Dr. Kebaish

Comment

has anyone been to see Dr. Kabaish, and had surgery by him, if so I would like to hear from you, I saw him on May 26 2010. Thanks Lue

Comment

I'm seeing him at the end of the month for original scoloiosis surgery (also flatback and other conditions as per sig line)

"Doodie", has had surgery with him and I'll let her speak for herself - or you can search out her posts about him. Needless to say I wouldn't have made an appointment if her reports hadn't been very positive! What were YOUR impressions of him?

Best!

Amanda
                    Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
                    Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
                    main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
                    Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

surgery

Hi, Black-out, Thanks, I read Doodie quots, it was nice, I hope she is doing well, I wish you luck,and answer to your question, I think Dr. Kebaish was very nice, with x-rays, nurse, a Dr. and Dr. K. they were with me 2 HR. did not rush at all. I would still like to hear form someone who had revision surgery. good luck. Lue

Comment

Surgeons are usually willing to arrange contact with other patients "in your demographic" if you are considering surgery with them. Since because of confidentiality they can't do it directly, they will give your contact info (email or phone #) to the pts to get in touch with you. If you specify you would like to talk to revision pts, they should choose pts accordingly.

The only problem is of that they are never going to out you in touch with anyone with a terrible outcome, of course!

There are online Dr rating/comment services, FWIW. Too few pts write in (I'm guilty and probably most of us will have to admit we don't post feedback - though I always MEAN to). Still it's a reference pt. Very happy and very UNhappy pts most tend to post. Also "shills"!

Dr Kebaish has a few ratings on "VITALS" (free), both narratives for revision. Healthgrades and other sites also exist. Hmm, on VITALS , I am not happy with the ranking of one residency program, but if JHU hired him, he must be good. The written feedback is as you can see...

Hoping the link works and that they are authentic Sometimes there are ways to contact the raters.

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Khaled_Kebaish.html
                        Last edited by Back-out; 06-04-2010, 07:55 PM.
                        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
                        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
                        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
                        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

I can't give you input on Dr. Kebaish specifically, but I did see another scoliosis doctor who also works at Hopkins (Dr. Ain) and I can at least say that he was very nice and that I'm impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the hospital as a whole. Also, Consumer Reports Health ranked Johns Hopkins as one of the top hospitals in the MD / DC area. I hope that's somewhat reassuring at least, even though I can't comment on your specific doctor

Comment

Working...
                          X