Neck Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Pain

I had a/p surgery in 2002 at UCSF with a good outcome, despite mulitple infections and follow-up surgeries. Anyhow, have any of you had post surgical problems with neck pain? I don't see an ortho (not my surgeon..I moved out of state ) until mid May and my neck is really starting to hurt. Oh, I'm fused from t4-s1. I'm very concerned about the possiblity of surgery on the cervical area of my spine..especially since I have so much infection post op with my back. The pain raidiates upwards from about t4 to the base of my head. I have been "surfing" the net and what I have found is not encouraging Ideas/suggestions.
    SandyC
    SandyC

Hi, I have been operated for scoliosis as well, and as a result have had neck pain. What helped me was exercises to strenghten the neck, massages and acupuncture. I have had X rays and also a Doppler exam to see if the blood was flowing well a few months ago, and it looked well. I think the fact that I still have a scoliosis and that the neck is compensating for the spine, it causes pain and pinch nerves, etc. Maybe you can have these tests done and an MRI as well.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
    X