Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3years in brace...surgery?

Hi!
    My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis several years ago and went right into a Boston Brace. She has done well in wearing it. We were VERY much against surgery and took the route of brace and physical therapy, muscle stimulation and manipulation via the chiropractor.
    We've been to three different doctors, all stating she needs surgery as she is now up to 47 degrees and 51 degrees.

Here lies the issue: she is VERY physically active making Varsity Field Hockey, Winter Track and Softball as a freshman. She is in NO pain and wouldn't know she had the problem!
    She went up 7 degrees in the last 6 months. She turns 15 on Sunday, and the xray of her hand says she still has some growing to do.

I would LOVE to hear from anyone who's had the surgery, particularly if you or your child are athletes: How did it go? Were you/they able to return to the level you were at prior to surgery? We are lead to believe she will be able to.

PLEASE drop me a note here if you have any thoughts!

Thanks!
    Carrie
    (Kit Lady)

Hey I say get the surgery done now and quick. I'm 15 almost 16 a sophmore in high school. I had the surgery two and a half years ago beginning of 8th grade. I was in the 50+ degree range. I didn't know I had it and felt nothing. no pain of any sort. Which I'm glad of that because I now think its better I had the surgery instead of waiting to be in pain and then having to go through more pain. I play soccer, basketball, and football. I play soccer for my high school and will play football and basketball next year. (I would of played this year, but i had a knee injury) I say get the surgery why your daughter is only a freshman. instead of having to have it when she is a sophmore/junior and maybe even a senior. She will be able to play sports again. and I didn't even wait a year to get back into sports after my surgery. I was out dribbling and juggling a soccer ball within a couple of months after my surgery. I helped me to start early. Its a long process getting back in shape to play high school sports. but it was worth it. If your daughter has the surgery soon she'll be able to play spring sports next year. Well if you have any questions email me : Alleycat017@hotmail.com
    cya

Comment

Thanks so much! I shared your email with Kelly right away. She was glad to hear about you. We have put the plans in motion to have it at the end of June (so she doesn't miss school or softball :+}) and should be ready to go back to softball 9 m. to a year later.

Glad it worked for you! Thanks for the encouragement!

Carrie & Kelly

Comment

Working...
      X