Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LindaRacine

Hi Linda,

What are your thoughts on Dr. Bridwell? I have decided to go and see him in St. Louis.

Thanks,
    Becky

Hi Becky...

He's got a great reputation, and his patients seem to like him. He's a little shy, so I think he may come across as aloof to some, but I think his skills are top notch.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Becky

I have seen him five times in five years and will be using him for my surgery. He really knows his stuff and spends more than enough time with his patients explaining their situation. This is probably why the waiting room is so crowded and no one complains.

Interestingly, when he analyzed my situation, he didn't give me HIS opinion. He explained everything and answered all my questions (which were considerable). He told me what a random panel of 10 doctors would do. I did try to ask him what he would do, but I couldn't get that answer.

I've decided to go ahead with the surgery (although haven't set an exact date yet) after reviewing his information and lots of other stuff I got from the web.

As a commercial says, "An educated consumer is our best customer," I feel Dr. Bridwell feels , "An educated patient is the best kind of patient."

When you see him I would definitely have your questions ready.

Lynn

Comment

Questions

Do you know of a good place to get a list of questions might be? I am stuck on what to ask him?

Thanks,
        Becky

Comment

I don't know if there is a list, but some of the questions I asked him were

(1) how long til I can do things by and for myself

(2) what will be my limitations (I'm a tennis coach, until the end of this season)

(3) what will happen if I do the surgery vs. what will happen if I don't (risks vs. rewards)

He has a 20 page pamphlet that explains spinal surgery. it's pretty understandable. There is a nurse-practioner who will be in the room with you and who understands the procedure.

hope this helps.

Lynn

Comment

Hi Becky...

I've seen several lists formulated by patients. I'd discourage you from using someone else's list. If you get hung up on asking questions, I suspect you won't really be registering what the surgeon is telling you. My recommendation would be to take someone with you to your appointment to be a second set of ears. Listen to what the surgeon tells you and ask questions as you think of them. I can almost guarantee that you'll go away and think up a lot more questions, so be sure to make a followup appointment, or ask if you can email or fax any additional questions.

Regards,
            Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
            X