Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Hunch' on one side post surgery - is this normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Hunch' on one side post surgery - is this normal??

Hey everyone,

It's my first time here... I've had rods put in to correct a curvature of the spine 7yrs ago now, (I am now 23), my curvature was quite bad and the top half of my spine was curving into my right hand side. After my surgery I noticed that i now have a 'hunch' on the right hand side of my back - it's quite confidence shattering and i've been so embarassed to bring it up (even with my spinal consultant at the time) Is this normal? Can anything be done?

Lucky for me I have quite long hair so when I wear it down (all the time) it covers my hunch but it still gets to me... has anyone else got this? How are you coping? Is there anyway to fix this?

Love

M xx

Miss...

I've never heard of anyone getting a rib hump from surgery. Usually people with thoracic scoliosis have a rib hump that is somewhat lessened by surgerry. You should ask your surgeon about it, or perhaps even get a second opinion.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X