Alex is Home!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susanna,
    We have had a meeting. Everyone is for it. However, we did decide that Crystal has two years of high school left, she could live with her grandma and finish school here. I told her she had to come home on the weekend though. That would be the only way I would do it. She would head for home at 12:30pm Friday afternoon and go back to school Monday morning. She would only be away from home for three nights, except during basketball season. Then she would only be home a couple of nights each week, and we would have to go to all of her games possible. We may have her leave her car at grandma's and Craig bring her back and forth on Monday's and Friday's, since his job is here anyway. It would be less gas, and at the price of gas these days. However, she has an economical car. She drives a Mitsubishi Eclipse. It gets good mileage.

Craig and I never make job changes without the girls having their say in it. So many times it affects how much time we get to spend with them. I used to work swing shift at a job, but before I took it, I let the family help decide. They needed to understand that I worked until late at night and they would be on their own for dinner, homework, and laundry they might need done the next day. They were all okay with hit and did well. But, they do like to know that their voice counts in our family. I expressed to the girls that their happiness at school is very important to us and that would make a difference.

Oh well, we have time to figure out the details. God will help us with this.

'til later,
    Nikki

Comment

Congratulations Nikki! Enjoy your new shift in life with the new career. What is your career outside your family, by the way? Kris

Comment

Nikki,

You and Craig are such good parents. There's no doubt in my mind why your daughter has done so well with this whole scoli surgery experience. She is well on her way to becoming a strong independant woman thanks to you and Craig. You are doing a great job of preparing her for the future.

She will be a wonderful companion for her Grandma, and both their lives will be richer for having spent this time together. You sound like our family as far as our parenting approach. I am a firm believer that while kids need our firm guidance and leadership, they should also be recognized as a people who's opinion matters when it comes to major family decisions.

Listen to your heart and your higher power. Everything will work out for the best!

Susanna
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~
        Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Kris & Susanna,
          I will be keeping books for a trucking company and doing some dispatching of trucks. I guess it goes hand in hand with having owned our own semi-truck at one time in our life. Craig has driven truck up until the last two and a half years. The girls were getting tired of only seeing their dad on the weekends. He would find out where their ball games were on Saturday and meet us there on Saturday mornings for breakfast and a day of basketball. When we decided to sell our semi and him go to work for someone else, it was a family decision. So, he went from long haul to driving a log truck. When he came home one night and told me that he almost widowed me that day, we decided he needed to do something else. So, now he works for Eagle Freightliner, selling parts. He enjoys it because it keeps him in touch with his buddies. It is so nice to have dad home at night to help with the girls. They are teenagers and that can be challenging.

We are trying to raise the girls that they don't need a man in their life to survive. That the reason for a good man should be companionship, not security. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I am proud of them all. The two oldest are very particular about the young men they bring home. They won't date anyone that does any kind of drugs, smokes, or drinks. You ought to hear my girls rake these boys over the coals, when they think you can't hear them. They are athletes, along with the young men they bring home, and they all understand to be an outstanding athlete, you have to take care of your body and God only gave you one to take care of.

Anyway, thank you for your support. I worry about making the right decision, but if the family helps in the decision, then it has to be the right decision.

'til later,
          Nikki

Comment

Hi Nikki,

I feel very strongly that all children, girls included, should be raised to pursue their dreams. A loving partner is important, but it's just one part of a healthy, happy life! So cheers to you guys!

Susanna
            Susanna
            ~~~~~~
            Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
            X