Partial removal of hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cam...

There's no link from my home page. Try sending me an email (linda@scoliosislinks.com) and hopefully you can open the one sent that way.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi...

It appears that the problem is that you're working with an older copy of Adobe Acrobat. Since I optimized the file to reduce the size, it can't be opened with older versions. To download the newest version:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Partial Hardware Removal

I have had partial hardware removed from my back as well. The lower right side rod had moved into the pelvic cavity and they removed it. I wasn't in pain when the rod was in there, but I have been in pain since they removed it. That was done in September of '04. I have also had the right rod pushing up through the skin and they removed the top part. That was earlier (2002) and it did not cause me any pain.

I was wondering if you have any suggestions that I might discuss with my doctor? I have been to two and neither of them have said much that could help.

Like you I am very tiny. I am 4'11 and 85lbs. This may be why I am having such discomfort, but I am not sure. I have Cerebral Palsy, which might also be a factor. It's so nice to hear there is someone out there with the same problems I do.

Write back and let me know of any suggestions you may have. Thank You,

~Thomas

Comment

Hi Thomas...

The first questions I would ask is what they think is causing the pain, and if there is anything they can do to remedy it.

Regards,
          Linda

Comment

partial hardware removal

Hi all, I have two harrington rods with pins and all the works as well (97). I am having pin point unbelievable pain where one of my screws is. My PT suggests removal. I am in the Upstate NY area and my original surgeon wont see me because he only does pediatric scoli and I am now 23. Anyone know any good surgeons that will help me figure out whats going on...im desperate!!!!!!
            Thanks,
            Stephanie

Comment

Working...
            X